2003 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
2003 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L
By Webhead on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Our Yukon has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It rides like a dream, looks good, performs well, has tons of space, and can work hard. It's the all-around perfect vehicle in my opinion. Great for trips and I feel like my family is safe. We just replaced the original Michelin tires with the same model. They ride great and last forever. We bought it with 55k miles on it and it now has 108k miles. This year we repaired the A/C for around $250. No other problems at all. As far as Mpg, we get 16-18 which I think is fine for such a large and safe vehicle.

Used Yukon SLT, No Regrets!
By clm on 03/05/10 09:07 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say? This is probably one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. We replaced a 2002 Altima, due to needing a new family "truckster". This SUV has it all (every option except DVD and Nav). This vehicle only had 66K miles and is just breaking in. Quality and comfort are second to none. We especially like the fact that GMCs in general are a happy medium between luxury and work horses. We test drove a comparable Escalade and honestly passed it up because this SUV just "felt" better. No need to worry about cheap chrome accents, skinned bumpers, etc. Plenty of space, power, features, and drives like new. Can't say enough good things.

Greates car ever!
By rick123 on 12/03/09 21:51 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Wow has this car ever been by far the best I have EVER had. We bought it 3 years used and it was like brand new. Never had been in a crash or anything. The car has lots of power and options. Ours had leather interior, 7 inch flip down dvd system, bose sound, heated front seats, towing package, and much more. I loved this car. Last summer we moved and was hauling massive loads of stuff and the car pulled hills like it was nothing. The only problem we had with it was we were on vacation and the steering pump went out. We do not have it today because the payments were to much and had to trade it off sadly. I now have the money to buy it back and looking for the dealership.

Not worth the money
By kdhuston on 06/25/09 23:12 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was a fabulous vehicle but as soon as the warranty came up it's slowly falling apart. Within 2 weeks of the warranty my transmission went out then 2 weeks after that my rear end went out at 69,000 miles. The motor in the driver side window has gone out and the passenger is on it's way. The side panel on the drivers side is pulling apart from the door and the vynal on the dash is starting to peel off. The air vents are cracking and beginning to break and the seats are starting to wear thin. My husband has had his Acura for 8 years and the interior still looks new. I take really good care of it. It's made with cheap products and corners were clearly cut. Won't buy American again.

Only buy it if you like ongoing repairs
By Rick on 05/17/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

One problem after another with this vehicle. Rear air shock ($800), cat converters ($1500), rear axle seal (? $). This is the second GM SUV we have owned and the previous one had issues as well. Never again! We were simply sick of wondering what the next repair bill would be for this truck. We recently dumped this vehicle for a 2006 Honda Pilot. It our Pilot lives up to the normal reliability Honda provides, our piece of mind is worth the loss we took when trading in the Yukon.

I'd only trade it for a newer one!
By Spoil Myself on 03/26/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Yukon SLT 5.3L V8 2WD in 9/03 with 500 miles on it. Since the day I bought it, I've said that the only car I'd trade it for would be a newer version of the same vehicle. I now have >96K miles on my Yukon, & love it just as much. I drive 75 miles/day round-trip to work, & given the time I spend in my vehicle, wanted a car will all of the amenities--this has them! I've only ever had 2 things go wrong with it--the driver's seat warmer went out at 95K, & the fuel pump at around 60K miles. I've never had any other mechanical issue or service issues with local GM mechanics not being knowledgeable about my vehicle as reported by others.

Autoride is amazing!
By Chad on 02/08/08 19:51 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Autoride is amazing! Black with 20" makes this a stand-out truck. Easy to operate and park in the city. Feels like your driving on glass, even on the roughest roads. GMC resales better than Ford or Tahoe.

Love My Yukon!
By My03Yukon on 01/29/08 19:20 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Yukon brand new. I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I knew I had to have it. It rides great, my kids are comfortable, & I'm comfortable driving it. The third row comes out, so when we have company from out of state we put the seats in and when it's just us we take the seats out. Mileage is good too.

Still love it!
By LEIF on 01/27/08 19:26 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Yukon in 2004. It is now Jan 2008. I bought it as a primary vehicle. There are many things I like about it. 1) That third row seat is awesome. I can drive 6 people very comfortably. 2) It has great acceleration. One obviously cannot compare it to a two seater sports car but for its size, it is very quick... its a truck! 3) Take out the rear seats and my band can get a drum set, two big PA speakers, 2 half stacks, a bass rig, and amps and guitars and still have the passenger seat open for the girl! 4) One word to describe it is practical. I recently bought a lifted Ford F350 4X4 4 door with all the bells and whistles. Was gonna sell the Yukon. I will be selling the Ford.

Seasoned owner
By a littleman on 10/11/07 13:06 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have driven through snow, desert, heavy rain and wind - vehicle is everything we thought it would be - dependable, comfortable, roomy, great sound system, power, etc. Gas mileage is not what one can find in crossovers - but this is a true, solid SUV - one of the last with metal bumpers.