2002 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Suburban replacement
By eltebe on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I replaced my ten year old suburban with this vehicle. I use it for work and family use. My first trip was an 800 mile round trip to visit my daughter.It was a joy to drive on the interstates and in the city. Very comfortable and almost nimble in heavy traffic. Great lines of vision. Very low wind noise at highway speed. A very comfortable ride quality. Go get yourself one!

Yukon SLE
By WMLASK on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is great to drive. The ride and feel are excellent for such a large heavy vehicle. I'm amazed at how well it holds the road. The 5.3 V8 is very powerful. I'm very happy with the comfort/feel/performance of this vehicle.

Great family SUV
By Creative_rajiv on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 5.3L Yukon SLT. It is a great SUV with excellent pickup and smooth ride. Lots of space and third row seating is of great help.

New owner of 02 Yukon
By stp1 on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought a 4X4 SLE in storm gray metallic with the 5.3, third row, running boards, trailer tow, and all-season tires. Very impressed with the quietness of the cabin, tight turning radius, and ride. Owned a Toyota Tundra before and this is my first GMC purchase. Overall I am impressed, but shouldn't I be for the money! Hope I get the same reliability!

Yukon is it
By New Daddy on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV for the family. I drove a small foreign SUV before and it doesn't even come close. My last SUV rode like a tractor in comparison to the Yukon. Great acceleration and comfort.

FUN SUV
By brandon on 03/12/02 23:27 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

a Perfect SUV

Yukon 4WD Great Vehicle
By BrianB11 on 02/27/02 18:59 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 months of ownership, I must say that I am very pleased with my Yukon. Build quality is supperior to my expectations and the amount of cargo capacity cant be beat.

Great Compfort and Handling
By former ford driver on 02/27/02 10:36 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We used to drive and Expedition but it's not even in the same league as the Yukon. Great comfort and handles like a dream compared to the Expedition. Easily the best full size SUV on the market.

The Tahoe++ is worth the differnce
By Doc Holliday on 02/19/02 13:48 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 2000 Tahoe before I traded it for a 2002 Yukon Denali. I love the size etc of these vehicles. The Denali's Bells and Whistles are very nice if you want them. The Denali has the following features that you can't get on a Tahoe: 320 hp engine vs 285 hp 6 disc CD changer vs no changer better tires 17 inch Chrome wheels running boards that and bumper that match the paint on the rest of the body