2002 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Excellent SUV
By walywrld1 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Cannot overstate how pleased I am with my Yukon. Traded a 00 Expedition and without hesitation, the Yukon is a far superior. It is more powerful and responsive, excellent engine (5.3L). It rides firmer (a positive) and handles better. It gives better gas mileage with a larger engine. I say again, excellent engine. Transmission shifts are un-noticable. Great room, front and back (don't have the 3rd seat, didn't want, my 3rd seat in my Expy stayed in the basement all the time). I like the dash and interior, great seats. This is a comfortable truck that is solid as a rock. I even compared to the 03 Expy and found the Yukon still superior.

Lots of Bugs
By totally on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had nothing but problems. With 4000 miles the car has been in the shop more then 5 times. Electrical problems are the most prevelent and the dealership has had a hard time replicating the problems. GM Customer Assist has been no help and the local rep's concern was only that I was not stranded on the highway. Otherwise he concluded the warranty is working.

Great Rig!!
By marilyn on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great rig....sway bars make it corner nice....fun to drive

Excellent on everywhere
By F Z on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent on everywhere except poor Fuel Economy in city (13mpg), on highway (19mpg)

2002 Yukon by Otis
By Otis on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best of the 3 previous SUV's that I've owned. It has has meet all my expetations of great SUV.

2001 Yukon
By joneske98 on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

2001 XL 4x4 Yukon 5.3 LT Drive train handles the gvwr of 7200lbs very well, with such a heavy vehicle my wife and I are satisfied with gas mileage 14 city/17 hwy (note havn't had on interstate yet hoping for a little better mileage on the open road), creature comforts are nice, children love the factory installed tv/vcr really nice on trips. Haven't had opurtunity to use 4x4 yet but from the looks of teh way it is designed, looks indestructable. Will likely purchase extended warranty off internet as we draw closer to end of factory one ~ $1200.

If there's a better truck........
By ssd2000 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Actually a 2001 but Edmunds doesn't have a field for 01 Denali's. Truck now has 30,000 miles, and thus far has been flawless. Plenty of power and average's .5 mpg less than a mid-size V8 Jeep. Friends say "nicest vehicle they've ever rode in". If you doubt Air Suspension, test ride a Denali and Yukon back to back. If you can't tell the difference, then save yourself $8,000 and buy the Yukon.

Great Truck
By Postman on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my new Yukon. The ride is great. I can't believe how quiet the drive train and tires are. Speaking of tires - what is up with putting Firestone tires on? This is an extremely comfortable highway cruiser. The power is there if you need a quick jump from 65-80 to pass someone. Visibility is good. I would recommend to anyone who wants a full size SUV. This is a very nice, competent package

Excellent Ride
By marshal on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, excellent handling. Well built vehicle. I found the turning radius and steering of this vehicle much better than the GMC Jimmy, although that was a smaller model. The headroom and elbow room in the front seat is excellent. Very spacious.

Love this truck
By DOC on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is the best driving/riding vehicle I have ever been in.