2002 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Excellent power
By Fdnyems on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Handles is great for corerning in those tough areas.

Very nice, but...
By riverguy on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Last vehicle was a 96 Suburban. Use it to tow a boat. Nice size and handling. Excellent stereo, great climate control in hot weather, rides nice but front seats lack support in our opinion and steering is too light, no road feel. Muffler had to be replaced when heat shield separated. Averaging 13.6 mpg overall.

2002 Denali
By 2friscofolks on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck.... went from a BMW X5 4.4i because I needed more room and have no regrets so far. Solid looks, style, performance and an exceptionally quiet and refined ride.

Smoooooth
By happy_driver on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My previous vehicle was a 96 Pathfinder...given the Yukon is a larger vehicle...but the drive is soooo much better. The V8 engine has alot of kick to it, but not too the point where is throws you into the back of your chair. I've had it 24 hours, and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles with my Yukon.

DENALI 2002
By reb5346 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

GOOD LOOKS POOR FIT ON ASSEMBLY. 13MPG TERRIBLE IN SNOW WILL DONUT ON YOU IN A HEARTBEAT. PENTY OF POWER GOOD SOUND SYSTEM BOSE. TRANSMISSION NEEDS ATTENTION. REAR WIPER JUMPS EVERY TIME YOU DIM HEADLIGHTS OR USE TURN SIGNAL. ENGINE RATTLES ON COLD TAKEOFF DEALER SAID THIS WAS NORMAL. SOUNDS LIKE A ROD COMING OUT.

Fantastic Drive
By GTT on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this vehicle for two months and so far it has been a joy to drive and ride in. It is a very good looking and comfortable vehicle. The power it has coupled with the handling characteristics make it a pleasure to drive. The kids love all the features it has. They can watch movies every where we go.

Great Power and Comfort
By mike Arias on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I’ve had my 2002 Yukon for 15,000 miles already. Great power (5.3l) and comfort. Excellent room. The ZM9 luxury package is great. Everyone loves the seats.

Great Choice
By Stockbroker on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I swore off GM in the early 90's and have owned a BMW and Volvo since. This truck changed my mind. It's a wonderful vehicle that rides more like a luxury car than a truck. Of the three cars we own, the family always loads into this one. It also has function with this beauty and comfort. It eats up snow, mud, and everything else we've put in front of it. Thought GM had fixed quality problems and also purchased GMC Jimmy... MISTAKE! As good as the Yukon is, the Jimmy is as bad. We are trading that POS in after the winter!

Very Pleased
By TSmith1926 on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle, quality all around. I've got the 5.3L engine and it's awesome. Not the best on gas, but I knew that before I bought it.

New Owner
By EGRICE on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great driving vehicle both on the interstate and in city. very comfortable ride, great acceleration with 5.3L engine. Engine has a knock I don't like and lots of road noise for vehicle of this price.