2002 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Great Rig
By mcinpdx on 06/11/12 22:20 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 02 Yukon 6 months ago, and love it. Yes, she's a little thirsty (14/18), but it's like driving a Cadillac on a 4x4 frame (w/ a tighter turning radius!) Fun to drive, safe in a wreck, and the easiest interior configuration I've ever used. As a gig musician, I'm always loading/unloading varying amounts of gear. This rig is so easy to pull seats out, rearrange space, etc.

Excellent Value
By Denali2002 on 01/23/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Perfect SUV for a family of five, surprisingly MPG's is not as bad as we were expecting...average 16-17 with the 6.0L. Handles great in the Wisconsin winter roads.

Excellent truck
By EMD on 12/09/09 12:35 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Yukon new in Dec. 2001. Drove it for business (mostly highway) to around 180,000 in 2008. Since then my sons have taken the truck to college with them. Now has approx. 215,000. I have always changed the oil between 3-5000 miles. We have only had to do routine maintenance (brakes, belts, tires etc.) The only irritating issue has been the drivers side window motor. Have had to replace this 3 times. Otherwise very, very solid truck. In fact, bought a 2009 Yukon and love it. The key to any car is to keep up with routine maintenance and don't beat it to death. Take care of your car.

Not Bad for 125,000 miles
By scott45 on 11/20/09 22:01 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Call me crazy but I bought a 2002 Denali with 120,000 miles on it. I have had it for two months (5000 miles) and am very pleased. I would have never thought to buy a vehicle with that many miles but the previous owner took exceptional care of this car. The ride is very nice although if the road is bumpy so is the ride. The performance is outstanding. It flat out moves when you give it the gas. My biggest complaint is that the front seat doesn't quite go back far enough. The mileage is at 16 mpg with about 50/50 driving. The car's transmission was rebuilt at 110,000 miles. My mechanic said it was one of the nicest cars he has seen with that high of mileage. Inside and out.

Happy
By vinnie on 09/24/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I leased it 1st then bought it. This suv great , roomy,confortable,strong,tows anything,reliable,great looking. Only replaced wear and tear things, nothing ever major. sold it with 100000mi, and was still going strong . great suv.

Love it!
By dutch91 on 07/15/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck at an off lease five years ago. Just got back from a 4000 mile road trip with no issues (115,000 miles with just routine maintainance). Nice leather interior, stylish exterior (with 20" rims from 2007 Yukon) plenty of 12v outlets & plenty of power (with the 5.7L you hardly know your trailer is back there). Fuel milage (not great) beats my friends with Lexus G470 and Lincoln Navigator with 16-18 mpg. Before my big road trip, I overhauled the brakes, plugs, belts, filters, hoses etc. Hadn't done the brakes in 60,000 miles and I was amazed to see that the massive rear brakes had about 60% life left on them and the original plugs were almost like new.

Excellent SUV, Highly recommend!
By gudamgirl86 on 05/11/09 16:37 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have a white 2002 Yukon SLT 4WD. I use it to pull my 4 horse trailer. It does great up hills, around curves and has a great towing capacity. I love it for family outtings since I have 2 kids and 3 dogs, and my husband likes it for the handling and drives it to work everyday without a problem. I feel very safe in it. Highly recommend this SUV, I wont ever depend on a Ford after driving my Yukon for so long!

6 years and many miles...
By Jakers on 06/18/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought mine new in 02. I traded in a 97 GMC Yukon that had many problems. My 97 was basically a dog after the first 25K miles. The 2002 Yukon is head and shoulders above the earlier body style. So far, 127k miles on the 2002 model and nothing but routine maintenance tires and oil. I have been rough on this vehicle but do maintain it. In the current economy fewer people will be able to own and operate a vehicle like this. If you are one of them, this is an excellent SUV to own. The 02 Yukon has exceeded my dependability expectations. Grade it a A+

BUYER BEWARE
By Tara on 04/02/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Warning: the Yukon started making a rattling & knocking noise. The GMC dealership themselves sent a letter to me stating the problem is (cold start engine knock) and there is nothing they can do and it would cost too much for a recall. They said it happens in some GMC and Chevy models and it has nothing to do with the motor, so don't worry. What! People don't pay good money for this vehicle to hear clanking noises. I found other people that had similar experiences with this suv on yahoo autos. Go check out some of their reviews before you buy.

Too old for an SUV
By Charlotte Morean on 11/22/06 15:29 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has served me well but need a smaller car. I'm 75 years old and friends my age don't like to drive with me because they can't get into it. Also, the tailgate is getting to be too much for me.