Used 2001 GMC Yukon SLE Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Great Vehicle
By Robert

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 5 years now. It was a year old when I bought it. It now has 120,000 miles on it and runs like it did the day I bought it. Excellent power, good fuel economy for a V8. I get about 17mpg in town and 22mpg on interstate. Only complaint is that it knocks during the winter months when you first start it up. But has not caused a problem yet. Very comfortable vehicle and incredible reliable. Thumbs up GM!

Comfort, power, towing capability.

Engine knock, plastic cover for dash it has faded a little bit. Other than that none.

Best truck for the money!
By Vinny

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my '01 Yukon for about 2 years now and it has been very good to me. I currently have 66k miles and do about 12,000 a year and it gets reasonably good gas mileage for its size. I push the truck a little hard and it still gets 15 mpg(higher if I drive more conservatively). Overall I love the Yukon. It looks great, drives very nice, even with aftermarket 20'' wheels and 11'' wide tires, and it never has any issues. Just do the average scheduled maintenance and the truck will run forever. 4X4 takes on the New England snow with ease, which is great because I usaully have to leave my house before the roads are plowed. I would definitely buy another GM full-size SUV. The best!

4X4 works great, but can still leave in 2wd for better mpg in good weather. Very comfortable interior with lots of space. Will tow a trailer with ease.

Factory radio and speakers are poor quality.I might replace them. Also rear braking system is a poor design. Very expensive GM parts to replace, and rear hubs rot out over time and require a lot of labor. Front brakes are fine, no issues. Other than that no problems

Overall Good Vehicle
By Robert

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this car when it was a year old. It had 30,000 miles. It was great up until about a month ago. at 90,000 miles the water pump went($600) then the heater went out($300) And then after having all this repaired and EGR Valve went out. The dealer told us it wasn't under warranty and it would cost $1200 to fix. I expect some wear and tear on the vehicle. So overall its been great.

Roomy interior, 5.3L is very quick. Great styling all the way around. Heated seats are great. Nice for those cold mornings. Good gas mileage for being a big SUV.

None that I can think of, as i said its 5 years old so I expect some wear and tear. If you do buy one, get the extended warranty. Ours has definitely paid itself off.

GREAT SUV
By CindiRoe

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used to replace a
Jeep Grand Cherokee lease. I love it!
There is only minimal change in fuel
usage from my Jeep and the room and
comfort levels far surpass that of the
Jeep. Excellent choice in SUV.

Heated leather seats, auto climate control, auto dimming mirrors, spacious interior

From my experience, I would not change a thing!

$37000 Lemon
By witch

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle was great when it was new, but
as soon as the warranty expired, many
things started to fail. If you decide
to make a mistake and buy a GM SUV
like I did, make sure you get the
extended warranty. This is the last
GM vehicle I will ever purchase.

good engine & comfy leather seating. Decent handling for a vehicle this size.

GM should use quality components in their manufacturing and pay attention to detail like foreign competitors do.