2001 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Great Vehicle
By Robert on 04/12/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 5 years now. It was a year old when I bought it. It now has 120,000 miles on it and runs like it did the day I bought it. Excellent power, good fuel economy for a V8. I get about 17mpg in town and 22mpg on interstate. Only complaint is that it knocks during the winter months when you first start it up. But has not caused a problem yet. Very comfortable vehicle and incredible reliable. Thumbs up GM!

Best truck for the money!
By Vinny on 12/09/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my '01 Yukon for about 2 years now and it has been very good to me. I currently have 66k miles and do about 12,000 a year and it gets reasonably good gas mileage for its size. I push the truck a little hard and it still gets 15 mpg(higher if I drive more conservatively). Overall I love the Yukon. It looks great, drives very nice, even with aftermarket 20'' wheels and 11'' wide tires, and it never has any issues. Just do the average scheduled maintenance and the truck will run forever. 4X4 takes on the New England snow with ease, which is great because I usaully have to leave my house before the roads are plowed. I would definitely buy another GM full-size SUV. The best!

Overall Good Vehicle
By Robert on 01/05/06 21:27 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this car when it was a year old. It had 30,000 miles. It was great up until about a month ago. at 90,000 miles the water pump went($600) then the heater went out($300) And then after having all this repaired and EGR Valve went out. The dealer told us it wasn't under warranty and it would cost $1200 to fix. I expect some wear and tear on the vehicle. So overall its been great.

GREAT SUV
By CindiRoe on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used to replace a Jeep Grand Cherokee lease. I love it! There is only minimal change in fuel usage from my Jeep and the room and comfort levels far surpass that of the Jeep. Excellent choice in SUV.

$37000 Lemon
By witch on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle was great when it was new, but as soon as the warranty expired, many things started to fail. If you decide to make a mistake and buy a GM SUV like I did, make sure you get the extended warranty. This is the last GM vehicle I will ever purchase.

Tried American, but back with import
By ptm on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought GMC ext warranty because of the high mileage driven. We had a piece of side molding replaced, and the car had a terrible knocking sound when there were high winds. Took dealer several times to find the problem. The water pump failed ($100) at 67K. The auto-down switch failed ($100). Engine de-carb, and fuel inject cleaning at 65K ($300+) for an intermittent hesitation problem. Hinge on the rear window lift- glass failed. Extended warranty would not cover hinges - $793 to repair. Toyota dealer offered us 16K and Carmax offered 14.8K. Wound up taking the dealers offer. We wonÂ’t be buying GM products again.

problematic
By dnewman on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

all three vehicles i have owned have been gmc. i love the product but this time im skeptical. i love my yukon but have had a few problems since i bought it used in feb. Already had to replace fan belts, catalytic converter, O^2 sensor on exhaust, a/c compressor and that took four different trips to dealership. still have a popping noise when turning and random times during acceleration and stopping there are one or two clicking noises. but i love gmc none the less and will keep going with them

What happened to the giant G.M.?
By Rodgersbuck on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been a G.M. owner all my life but this vehicle has made me switch! I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine right after I bought it. I was told it was "piston slap" by the dealer. After almost two years of waiting for G.M. to figure out a fix to the problem, I'm now being told they aren't going to fix it- that this condition is normal. It appears the problem is too costly for G.M. to fix so they are just going to ignore it!

White 2001 GMC Yukon
By DaveC on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a Caddilac and has gobs of torqy power. I have had some problems though ...replaced 2 serpentine belts , replaced the exhaust and had a pricy problem with the ABS. Even with the forementioned occurances, there isn't an SUV out there I'd rather drive. Its powerful and fun and the ride is silky smooth.

My favorite vehicle
By Ken G on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

All in all probably the best vehicle I've purchased. My wife doesn't let me drive when we go places. The only thing I've noticed is a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Need to take it in to find the problem...when I can get it away from my wife!