2001 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
reliable and quality
By z_auto on 12/31/12 05:17 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali. I am the second owner having bought it at 35k miles. Now at 180k miles, the only items I have replaced are the water pump at 125k, rear evaporator at 170k and fuel pump at 178k & a few interior switches: brakes, tires and shocks as needed. Otherwise, just regular maintenance of all fluids. I use synthetic fluids exclusively; oil every 7-8k miles, trans fluid change every 50k, differentials, ps, brake fluid at 100k., brakes, shocks and other wear items. I average 14 MPG city/suburban driving and 16-17 MPG highway. Long term ownership costs even including gas have made this an economical vehicle.

Still running strong
By Still running strong on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got my yukon In 2007 and it is still running great with 149000 mile. The Cd player skips intermittently but the radio still works. Nice body style Very comfortable love the lumbar support and heated seats. sounds like a big truck but drives smooth. tows well and turns tight.takes a few to pick up speed but once it gets going is got power. hate the bad gas millage 12-16 mpg but fits a lot of stuff seats 7 plus driver 3rd row is better for kids. with the third row seats out was able to fit a table chair 2dressers a lamp 2 guitars and 2 suit cases with room to spare. If you take care of it it should last. getting tune up hope that helps a little with gas mileage

5.3 L GMC Yukon SLT
By brandon on 04/18/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, a pretty good SUV... The 5.3 V8 gives you the horsepower you want. Gas mileage is the only downside, I average 14 with heavy city driving. I previously owned a 2004 Avalanche with the 5.3 V8 and I averaged 16.7, and I wish that my Yukon averaged that, because I was happy with 17. I recently replaced my O2 sensors (rear), as they were going bad, and improved my gas mileage by 2 MPG. I think I am going to get a K&N high-flow air filter. I had it on my truck, and I improved my gas mileage by about 1.5-2 MPG. I also noticed a little bit of a performance increase. Summary: Great car, just wish it got better gas mileage.

Some problems with my Yukon
By cboshdave on 07/01/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, it has been an decent vehicle. Although, my transmission went out at 42,000 miles requiring a replacement. My biggest gripe is the emergency brake. We need it on boat ramps and it just doesn't work. It is a weird system with separate ebrake pads. I usually do this work myself. I guess I am going to have to break down and take it in.

6 years later and i still love it
By brian on 06/24/07 22:03 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the interior with its attention to detail. The exterior just commands attention and it has plenty of power. I pull a 6200 lb. camper with ease. In 136,437 miles Iíve had two problems. One with the drive line ($500) and the other with the air conditioner ($900). And the Bose system is one of the best factory sound systems that I have ever heard.

Great Vehicle
By Robert on 04/12/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 5 years now. It was a year old when I bought it. It now has 120,000 miles on it and runs like it did the day I bought it. Excellent power, good fuel economy for a V8. I get about 17mpg in town and 22mpg on interstate. Only complaint is that it knocks during the winter months when you first start it up. But has not caused a problem yet. Very comfortable vehicle and incredible reliable. Thumbs up GM!

Best truck for the money!
By Vinny on 12/09/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my '01 Yukon for about 2 years now and it has been very good to me. I currently have 66k miles and do about 12,000 a year and it gets reasonably good gas mileage for its size. I push the truck a little hard and it still gets 15 mpg(higher if I drive more conservatively). Overall I love the Yukon. It looks great, drives very nice, even with aftermarket 20'' wheels and 11'' wide tires, and it never has any issues. Just do the average scheduled maintenance and the truck will run forever. 4X4 takes on the New England snow with ease, which is great because I usaully have to leave my house before the roads are plowed. I would definitely buy another GM full-size SUV. The best!

Nice Truck
By dekenney on 09/02/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Sold wife's '93 Ford Explorer and bought her the '01 Yukon with 76K miles. Quite a bit bigger than the Explorer, and she loves it. 4wd system works great. 3rd row of seats come in handy, and fold easily. Very comfortable for any distance of driving. Why buy foreign when these work well, have more comfort, and dont cost an arm and leg to repair?

Denali is a great vehicle
By Dennis on 05/11/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Denali now for 5 years and it is the most reliable and solid vehicle I have owned (except for my Tundra!). You can tour in the vehicle for hours and not tire out. Its ride is quiet and secure, and the seats are very supportive. Even for such a substantial vehicle its fuel mileage is reasonable, averaging about 17 MPG combined city/highway. All systems (brakes, engine, powertrain)work great together. It is a top notch "professional grade" vehicle--as advertised. Oh, and after 65,000 miles, it still has the original Michelin Crossterrain tires with no abnormal wear, and the amazing part is, I have only rotated them twice! I am very conscientious, it just hasn't needed it.

Long term plans have changed!
By Eakin on 04/29/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It has been a good vehicle for trips with riding comfort, low noise level, and interior room. I had an A/C problem that took a week to fix. I had planned on keeping this vehicle long term until I recently had a brake failure resulting in my crashing into the rear of another vehicle. I have been discussing this problem with GM but without results.

1 2 3 4 5 next »