Used 2000 GMC Yukon SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

2K Yukon, as good as it gets
By LMc

2000 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

The 2000 Yukon XL SLE that I have driven the past two years, was purchased at a local GM dealer as a certified vehicle. The warrenty was used once to repair the rear window defrster. The SUV has proven to be reliable and an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive and ride. It is, by far, the best SUV I have owned and one of the best vehicles ever in my garage.

Size, roominess. Decent gas milage for the size. Great on long trips with a bunch of kids and crusing around the mall.

Better suspension to prevent body roll around corners. Most disturbing around town. Quicker acceleration. Top end is OK.

Great Ride
By davidwayres

2000 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

I'm a GMC car salesman, and I decided to buy a 2000 Yukon. What a great vehicle. It fits my family perfectly, plus we can take another family with us to look at Christmas lights, etc. What a bargin. If you are looking for a used Tahoe/Yukon - make the jump to the new body style (2000 +) - it drives/looks/feels so much different than the 1999.

Body Style, 3rd row seat, towing package, rear air, cd

This vehicle is great for my family, no changes needed.

Clunk
By pkunisch

2000 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

I'm having a problem locating the cause and the cure for the car's insistance on clunking when changing gears. It happens only when the air conditioner in on and the condenser is causing a load to the engine. The clunking happens when I brake to take a corner or slow down in traffic and then accelerate. Also, as I approach a complete stop, the clunking happens as the car shifts down through the gears. It is driving me crazy. I NEED HELP!