1999 GMC Yukon SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
buy a yukon!!
By tragedy on 09/19/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this truck its a 99 yukon 4 yrs ago it currently has 139,500 miles. ive replaced all brakes,water pump,radiator,battery brakes i did just so i could feel secure,others i believe had something to do with the weather where i was living and coolant not being fresh it was 7 degrees when my radiator cracked lol.. ive not had any issues with the truck never stranded ive posted it 3 times to sell it and 3 times i blew off the buyers lol i got cold feet i love my truck and cant see myself selling it for no reason other then bad gas mileage but i bought a shadow bike to make up for my gas mileage so ill keep it now really reliable truck i recommend it to any1

Great family car
By sugarpuff on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV

We bought our 1999 Yukon new off the dealer showroom. It has been an awesome family vehicle. Our kids are grown and now toting around the grandkids. Love this vehicle.

Engine Problems
By CMAC on 08/26/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

One of the other reviews says that there is a misfire in the 5th cylinder. Mine misfires from the 6th cylinder and shakes like crazy when put under a load. There is a TSB from GM about the problem. It is a defect from the factory. What happens is the sleeve on the valve stems deforms from the heat and begins to bind. Instead of a recall, GM chooses to ignore the fact that these engines are defective. I called GM to see if they would repair the defect and they declined. Last one I will buy. Had to replace the transmission, fuel pump, radiator and the engine is screwed up. Plus the door handles are falling apart and most of the power door locks stopped working. Lemon

a good suv
By chicago on 02/22/10 21:10 PM (PST)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 with only 66000 miles. A year later and 85000, i still love it. I did run into a repairs like an alternator, water pump, fuel pump and rear brakes that needed to be replaced. I did most of the work myself. The ride quality is great i feel like i'm riding on air. The room is awesome, i love the fact that its sort off like a truck but with the SUV look. I love my truck even though i needed to replace parts on it, but it is 10 years old.

a great SUV
By miguel on 12/21/09 08:03 AM (PST)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded in my 03 Pathfinder for the Yukon. I haven't looked back since i love the way it drives, and the cargo space is 3 times better than the Pathfinder. Gas mileage is about the same as the smaller SUV's 14 city 17- 18 hwy. I have replaced the rear brakes and front brakes, I need to replace the water pump. I do most of the repairs myself, the parts are not expensive they are easy to come by. It can drive thru the snow with no worries. I love the truck and will not get rid of it anytime soon.

Great SUV
By theone on 11/29/09 22:15 PM (PST)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Yukon on NOV of 08, its a great suv. It handles good in the snow and around town. So far had to replace rear brake and power steering pump. I love to drive it the only thing i dont like is the 255 hp. but its still enough to keep up with the newer vehicles.

Back to Ford
By livinhi on 11/12/09 10:35 AM (PST)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this 9mo ago it had a few mile on it 150000 to be exact but thats how I purchase all my cars. This thing had so many problems with it I am shocked. I am usually a Ford person but love the looks of the Denali. Wow never again. The slip yoke problem on this thing is enouph to drive a person crazy. The mechanics cant seem to fix it or even find the problem, but they sure can hear it banging, it feels like the entire drive line is going to fall off. So Im done with GM back to Ford!!

Great trik
By airborne on 10/24/09 10:03 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV

I bought my Yukon with 66000 miles, i have had to replace the front right lower balljiont and rear brakes. I love the way it handles the gas mileage is good for a truck its size 14city/18hwy.

1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD
By Charlie on 09/04/09 00:11 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Yukon New and have owned it for 10 years now with 165,000 Miles. It was purchased for the four wheel drive. The drive train has performed flawless. Early repairs were leaky heater hose eng. block nipple; Exhaust gaskets RR; tightened the oil filter/cooler engine mounting. The original brakes are undersized and I replaced the front rotors with cryogenic cooled/hardened “Praise” units at 20k along with their stage III pads, rear brakes just the “Praise” shoes. These rotors lasted 120,000 miles. One problem engine not starting after a foggy nite or sitting awhile...The security light is on. OK after setting awhile. Overall the vehicle is stable with lower than Honda maint. costs.

Good truck for its age
By Kansas Girl on 08/28/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

1999 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle with 77K miles on it, one owner, maintenance record available. Have had to replace the water pump, fuel pump, spark plugs wires cap and rotor all of which are probably a maintenance issue at over 100K miles now. Have had problems with check engine light coming on and code says misfire in 5th cylinder. Have had it worked on at 3 different places and none can figure out the problem for sure...is it a valve or injector problem?? Probably a $700- $1500 fix. Never has left me stranded anywhere. Good overall vehicle with lots of options for its age.

1 2 3 4 5 next »