Used 1999 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

1999 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Most Helpful|
1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD
By Charlie

1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Yukon New and have owned it for 10 years now with 165,000 Miles. It was purchased for the four wheel drive. The drive train has performed flawless. Early repairs were leaky heater hose eng. block nipple; Exhaust gaskets RR; tightened the oil filter/cooler engine mounting. The original brakes are undersized and I replaced the front rotors with cryogenic cooled/hardened “Praise” units at 20k along with their stage III pads, rear brakes just the “Praise” shoes. These rotors lasted 120,000 miles. One problem engine not starting after a foggy nite or sitting awhile...The security light is on. OK after setting awhile. Overall the vehicle is stable with lower than Honda maint. costs.

Favorite Features

Radio; AutoTrac 4wd system; torque; commanding view; comfort. Paint longevity.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes, Improve all lamps integrity. Security system should not be so hard to fix or bypass yet the vehicle can still be stolen.

buy a yukon!!
By tragedy

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this truck its a 99 yukon 4 yrs ago it currently has 139,500 miles. ive replaced all brakes,water pump,radiator,battery brakes i did just so i could feel secure,others i believe had something to do with the weather where i was living and coolant not being fresh it was 7 degrees when my radiator cracked lol.. ive not had any issues with the truck never stranded ive posted it 3 times to sell it and 3 times i blew off the buyers lol i got cold feet i love my truck and cant see myself selling it for no reason other then bad gas mileage but i bought a shadow bike to make up for my gas mileage so ill keep it now really reliable truck i recommend it to any1

Favorite Features

rear ac is a plus, tow package was a plus for me, captain seat is awesome!!

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage,could be lighter,dont like the barn doors cause the bar in the middle blocks your view

Great family car
By sugarpuff

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

We bought our 1999 Yukon new off the dealer showroom. It has been an awesome family vehicle. Our kids are grown and now toting around the grandkids. Love this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Super comfortable for vacations.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

a great SUV
By miguel

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded in my 03 Pathfinder for the Yukon. I haven't looked back since i love the way it drives, and the cargo space is 3 times better than the Pathfinder. Gas mileage is about the same as the smaller SUV's 14 city 17- 18 hwy. I have replaced the rear brakes and front brakes, I need to replace the water pump. I do most of the repairs myself, the parts are not expensive they are easy to come by. It can drive thru the snow with no worries. I love the truck and will not get rid of it anytime soon.

Favorite Features

The 350 engine that sits under the hood, the good old solid body and its mean grill look. The leg room and cargo space, the folding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe bigger rotors and better brake pads. The door hinges need to be improved.

a good suv
By chicago

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 with only 66000 miles. A year later and 85000, i still love it. I did run into a repairs like an alternator, water pump, fuel pump and rear brakes that needed to be replaced. I did most of the work myself. The ride quality is great i feel like i'm riding on air. The room is awesome, i love the fact that its sort off like a truck but with the SUV look. I love my truck even though i needed to replace parts on it, but it is 10 years old.

Favorite Features

I love the 5.7 motor the captain chairs and the room it has to offer.........

Suggested Improvements

nothing