Used 1999 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

buy a yukon!!
By tragedy

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this truck its a 99 yukon 4 yrs ago it currently has 139,500 miles. ive replaced all brakes,water pump,radiator,battery brakes i did just so i could feel secure,others i believe had something to do with the weather where i was living and coolant not being fresh it was 7 degrees when my radiator cracked lol.. ive not had any issues with the truck never stranded ive posted it 3 times to sell it and 3 times i blew off the buyers lol i got cold feet i love my truck and cant see myself selling it for no reason other then bad gas mileage but i bought a shadow bike to make up for my gas mileage so ill keep it now really reliable truck i recommend it to any1

rear ac is a plus, tow package was a plus for me, captain seat is awesome!!

better gas mileage,could be lighter,dont like the barn doors cause the bar in the middle blocks your view

Great family car
By sugarpuff

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

We bought our 1999 Yukon new off the dealer showroom. It has been an awesome family vehicle. Our kids are grown and now toting around the grandkids. Love this vehicle.

Super comfortable for vacations.

Better gas mileage.

Engine Problems
By CMAC

1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

One of the other reviews says that there is a misfire in the 5th cylinder. Mine misfires from the 6th cylinder and shakes like crazy when put under a load. There is a TSB from GM about the problem. It is a defect from the factory. What happens is the sleeve on the valve stems deforms from the heat and begins to bind. Instead of a recall, GM chooses to ignore the fact that these engines are defective. I called GM to see if they would repair the defect and they declined. Last one I will buy. Had to replace the transmission, fuel pump, radiator and the engine is screwed up. Plus the door handles are falling apart and most of the power door locks stopped working. Lemon

More power, better fuel milage, better brakes

a good suv
By chicago

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 with only 66000 miles. A year later and 85000, i still love it. I did run into a repairs like an alternator, water pump, fuel pump and rear brakes that needed to be replaced. I did most of the work myself. The ride quality is great i feel like i'm riding on air. The room is awesome, i love the fact that its sort off like a truck but with the SUV look. I love my truck even though i needed to replace parts on it, but it is 10 years old.

I love the 5.7 motor the captain chairs and the room it has to offer.........

nothing

a great SUV
By miguel

1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded in my 03 Pathfinder for the Yukon. I haven't looked back since i love the way it drives, and the cargo space is 3 times better than the Pathfinder. Gas mileage is about the same as the smaller SUV's 14 city 17- 18 hwy. I have replaced the rear brakes and front brakes, I need to replace the water pump. I do most of the repairs myself, the parts are not expensive they are easy to come by. It can drive thru the snow with no worries. I love the truck and will not get rid of it anytime soon.

The 350 engine that sits under the hood, the good old solid body and its mean grill look. The leg room and cargo space, the folding rear seats.

Maybe bigger rotors and better brake pads. The door hinges need to be improved.