1998 GMC Yukon SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Love My SUV
By Love My SUV on 05/03/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

1998 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck a few years ago, already used, with 100,000 miles already on it. I have been very satisfied with my truck. Very comfortable and roomy. I have had a few front end repairs such as suspension and etc. but no engine or transmission problems to date. I am currently over 200,000 miles and its still going strong. The fixes have been costly but few. I would recommend this truck to anyone who has the money for gas!

98 Yukon SLT
By BROWNIE on 11/12/08 06:04 AM (PST)

1998 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the second one I have owned. Very comfortable, good tow vehichle, fairly decent fuel mileage for the size. Gas mileage as good or better than much smaller SUV's but with much more room and comfort. Tailgate model much more versitile for hauling than barn door models. Nice highway ride, and excellent turning ablilities in parking lot situations.

First time SUV owner.
By M.Campagnolo on 08/09/06 21:34 PM (PDT)

1998 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV

I was impressed with this SUV from the start, nice handling and comfort. Acceleration is impressive for an SUV this size. On the highway it just glides along. Great handling also. I got 18 MPG using 92 octane gas and synthetic oil on a 300 mile trip this past spring, April 2006. About 2 months after buying this used truck in Jan 2006, I had the experience of driving in a bad snow storm and got to use the 4-wheel drive system, it was awesome. Total control and stability.

AWSOME
By LES on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

THE GMC YUKON OF 98 IS WITHOUT A DOUBT PROFESSIONAL GRADE! THE MOST WONDERFUL AUTOMOBILE I'VE EVER OWNED. IF EVERYBODY COULD AFFORD ONE OF THESE THECAR DEALERS WOULD NEVER SALE A BLAZER OR EXPLORER. IM JUST TICKLED TO DEATH WITH THIS THING.

my slt
By Rick Lauder on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it. It has stability, and power. It is not as good on gas milage as one might like, but worth the extra expense.

mvsuv
By suv on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

did not like the suv until we test drove it.