Used 1998 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Love My SUV
By Love My SUV

1998 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck a few years ago, already used, with 100,000 miles already on it. I have been very satisfied with my truck. Very comfortable and roomy. I have had a few front end repairs such as suspension and etc. but no engine or transmission problems to date. I am currently over 200,000 miles and its still going strong. The fixes have been costly but few. I would recommend this truck to anyone who has the money for gas!

Favorite Features

size, durability, power,interior design

Suggested Improvements

everything to do with your front end such as ball joints, u joints, wheel bearing, etc.

98 Yukon SLT
By BROWNIE

1998 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the second one I have owned. Very comfortable, good tow vehichle, fairly decent fuel mileage for the size. Gas mileage as good or better than much smaller SUV's but with much more room and comfort. Tailgate model much more versitile for hauling than barn door models. Nice highway ride, and excellent turning ablilities in parking lot situations.

First time SUV owner.
By M.Campagnolo

1998 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

I was impressed with this SUV from the start, nice handling and comfort. Acceleration is impressive for an SUV this size. On the highway it just glides along. Great handling also. I got 18 MPG using 92 octane gas and synthetic oil on a 300 mile trip this past spring, April 2006. About 2 months after buying this used truck in Jan 2006, I had the experience of driving in a bad snow storm and got to use the 4-wheel drive system, it was awesome. Total control and stability.

Favorite Features

Lots of nice features which the SLT provides like front/rear AC, leather heated seats, full power,cruise control, and 4-wheel drive. Good power from the Vortec 5700. Front and rear sway bars, aluminum wheels, tinted rear windows.Towing package.

Suggested Improvements

Rear disc brakes, relocate ashtray. it's too low for comfortable reach while driving.

AWSOME
By LES

1998 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

THE GMC YUKON OF 98 IS WITHOUT A DOUBT PROFESSIONAL GRADE! THE MOST WONDERFUL AUTOMOBILE I'VE EVER OWNED. IF EVERYBODY COULD AFFORD ONE OF THESE THECAR DEALERS WOULD NEVER SALE A BLAZER OR EXPLORER. IM JUST TICKLED TO DEATH WITH THIS THING.

Favorite Features

THE RIDE! ITS THE RIDE AND COMFORT.

Suggested Improvements

NONE

my slt
By Rick Lauder

1998 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it. It has stability, and power. It is not as good on gas milage as one might like, but worth the extra expense.

Favorite Features

rear double doors

Suggested Improvements

move ashtray closer to driver