Snow Buster
By Phil on
1997 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD
When it comes to going through the deep snow, this vehicle performs with the best of them(providing your tires aren't bald). Out on the winter lakes in Wisconsin, your mind is put at ease that your in a Yukon!(see You Tube and search for an Eaton G80) It's comfortable, solid, has sufficient power. Drives like the first day it was purchased. I pull a boat and supply trailer with no problems. I have replaced the fuel pump, repaired the intake gasket @ 60K miles(costly), replaced drivers side door internal linkage, and air conditioner components (condenser, compressor, misc.). The gas mileage isn't great (12/17), but when your out driving in the wicked weather, you realize its money well spent.
Favorite Features
Well put together(solid)almost like a rock? Yes, I would purchase again. I opted to upgrade the tires to Michelin ltx m/s 265/75/16. money was well spent.
Suggested Improvements
GM should issue a notice of the common intake problems so consumer can look for it by watching the coolant level before it gets too late! Most leak externally, mine leaked internally (nothing visual to see). It started a ticking noise upon start up, which indicated the hydraulic lifter seals were bad