2015 GMC Yukon XL SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

Sort Reviews by

suburban/yukon
By lltautomobile

2015 GMC Yukon XL SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is still the king of family haulers. It is comfortable and has a smooth ride. Quiet interior with little road noise. I do have a suggestion though for cargo capacity. (see below)

Suggested Improvements

Okay, so with the new design, cargo space with all of the seats up has decreased to 35 cubic square feet from 39. Guess what a minivan's cargo space is with all of the seats up? Also 35 cubic square feet. I know they think that they are helping here with a fold down seat, but for the families that need the seat up all of the time anyway, they would prefer more cargo space. I vote they put back the normal seat that doesn't fold down to get additional cargo space back. Or perhaps make it an option.

A great family vehicle
By mring

2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We had a 2012 Traverse that was just to small for our family of 5 when we travel; started looking at other SUV's. My youngest daughter pointed out the Suburban that I thought was to big; but after looking at it found it was not. Then looked at GMC; more options for the $ decided to go to GMC. Glad I did took delivery in mid July; have 6k on it now; NO problems at all. Great vehicle; 4WD is very effective in the heavy rain in FL; towed my daughters car to FSU; didn't even know at times it was there. The engine shuts down to 4 cylinders when 8 are not needed to increase gas mileage; on one local trip got a high as 23 MPG; 150 mile in total trip; averaging over 19 on highway and 14-15 cit

Favorite Features

Driving it; radio, navigation, seating capacity, hauling capacity and overall comfort

Suggested Improvements

None; just continue to improve as technology is available

Too many manufacturing Bugs.
By norab1

2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I received my Yukon XL in April of 2015. To date it has been returned to the dealer multiple times. There have been two recalls, and several "repairs". The heated steering wheel failed to work on delivery. Even though the vehicle is designed to be quiet inside, sheet metal "poping" noises inside are a disappointment and nearly impossible to repair. I believe GMC is aware of the problems. I received a Customer Service survey whose link was removed before I could respond.

Favorite Features

Navigation system is excellent. Seats are comfortable. Fit and interior finish is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Must improve manufacturing quality. I know it is a new assembly plant but failure to use expanding foam between sheet metal panels is unacceptable. Quality of assembly must be improved. Quality checks must be in place to check all optional equipment before releasing the vehicle for sale.