2010 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Review: Oustanding purchase 2010 Yukon

2010 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Review

SLE 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

Oustanding purchase 2010 Yukon XL
By XL Man on

2010 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my 2010 Yukon XL after much research and investigation. Had a bad experience years ago with a GM product and was nervous to purchase another even with access to GM employee discount. After several test drives and reading good press regarding much improved quality and design I decided to take a chance on my silver 2010 SLE with the exact features I was looking for: SLE-2, cloth buckets, ext appearance pkg, conv pkg, tow pkg, and integrated trailer brake. So far the truck is perfect and drives like a dream. Plenty of power and tons of utility. I have owned full size pickups for years so the mileage with this XL is phenomenal compared to them. The family and I could not be happier.

Favorite Features

Ride quality. Quiet cabin. Bose sound. 2nd row audio and climate controls for the kids. Quality interior build quality and materials. Reverse camera built into review mirror. Standard 17" wheels for great ride, towing and off- road performance. Cargo capacity. Nicer front end styling than Suburban.

Suggested Improvements

Throttle tip-in is a little mushy and the otherwise excellent 6-speed auto transmission seems to hunt a bit during initial acceleration unless you floor the pedal. Halogen projector headlamps would be an appreciated standard feature or nice addition to the exterior appearance or convenience packages