Fun to Drive
By Joseph on
2009 GMC Yukon XL SLT2 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
Bought our Yukon in Sept. to have another towing vehicle and for family trips. Its been great. We are enjoying the cylinder shut down feature (v8 to v4) as it gets mileage around 17 when warmed up. Comfort and ride are great (go for the autoride). Enjoying the dual row heated seats and the autostart. Would like to see more details for the money (blind spot monitoring or mirrors, pin lights for night time cabin lighting, more cubbies for storage). I too would suggest moving the compass/temp back to the center. The overall fit and finish has been very good with only one problem with a plate cover in the inside the door handle. Vehicle has met our needs for volume, handling and comfort.
Favorite Features
Plenty of power, great ride, fun features (autostart, power lift gate), good mileage (compared to my truck), good radio (although XM is pricey).
Suggested Improvements
Switch sides on the steering wheel stereo/cruise controls. My left hand is always on the wheel and I have more need to turn down the volume than play with the cruise. More cubbies (sunglasses, change, etc.)& cup holders. Better mirrors (if you tow, you need towing or blind spot mirrors standard).