2008 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
I think that I have a lemon and I am so sad.
By vgfree on 09/12/11 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought a 2008 Yukon XL for the first time. We have always had Chevy Suburbans. We were told that this was a higher quality vehicle. Since 2009 we have had issues with a grinding noise when the engine was warm from the sun and we started it up. The first time in 2009 we changed out the AC Compressor. The next year we had a cilindar collapse 11,000 miles later, we had the same cilindar collapse. Luckily "The Plaza" in Omaha Nebraska covered the problem again when we were over the 100, 000 mile warranty. We now have a oil leak. We have heard from Hiley that as soon as we fix this we will be okay. We have heard this before. I am sad because I loved my Yukon XL. It didn't love me!

Big Powerful and Roomy
By J.Herrera on 04/14/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely like my truck, problems is that has been at the dealer for electrical problems, 3 times with Onstar wiring problems and 2 times with battery discharging issues, had to call roadside assistance numerous times for jump starts before dealer replaced battery couldn't find anything wrong before that, so far Onstar is working but had to call roadside assistance twice again for jump start, seems like battery is too small for so much electronics but dealer says they are rated by Amps not size, I will replace battery later on

Lemon?
By Mom of Many on 11/18/09 21:54 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After a month, we had to replace the alternator and water pump. Within the first year, we had several electrical problems, including navigation, faulty fuel sensor gauge, turn signal didn't make noise, we were driving the car but it registered to be in Park, we put the car in Park but it kept rolling forward, power seats shuttered as we moved them, power folding 2nd row didn't always work. Additionally, windows shook excessively, brakes made noise after a few thousand miles, the power liftgate made strange loud noises. We got rid of this piece of junk after only 11 months of owning it.

Great Truck, but...
By Claudia on 06/09/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. Lots of room and a great riding experience. My only complaint is that it only has seating for 6 (two on each row). We asked if we can purchase a solid row for the back, but after much discussion with the dealership they said it was not an option. Also, we just backed into a BMW and our bumper has a HUGE dent in the back and the BMW only had a scratch. How is that possible? Now I'm wondering how dependable the bumber will be in a serious accident.

Great Ride Cheap Interior
By Mike NY on 04/05/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the 2008 Yulon XL SE 4x4 in December 2008. I couldn't beat the deal, cheaper than my 1999. The vehicle is close to the base line model but is still nicely equipped. I averaged 17.5 MPG on a trip from NY to FL. The ride is very comfortable, quite, handles excellent, great in the snow, looks and sounds great. My only negative so far is the cheap fabric upholstry. We don't care for the leather and the fabric on my 1999 still looks as good as new. So far my only advice to GM is to improve the quality of the fabric. Everything sticks to it like glue. I found a lint brush for cleaning lint off clothes at the market and it works pretty well but it is still a lot of work to keep them clean.

Great to Drive
By AG on 02/03/09 14:49 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had the truck for 1 year and 12k. Minor problems with the locks. Dealer replaced switch. Also, auto seat flip had to be lubed and adjusted. Otherwise, great truck to drive. Roomy, comfortable, and the engine sounds great. Thinking of getting another one when my Mazda lease runs out.

Amazing!
By NJ Alvin on 12/20/08 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ever since we bought this truck I can't wait to drive it again and again. My wife and my three kids like it very much. There are so many qualities that really hooked me into driving this truck almost every day. Comfort and ride are superb, handling is secure it makes us feel that we are safe especially for our kids. I like the design both outside and inside. Engine power will not compromise when you need it. Features that we find very useful like onstar, bluetooth and a lot more. In other words it is simply Amazing!

Awesome truck but.
By NY Jim on 11/09/08 17:51 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great truck. Has everything under the sun in it. Love the look, handling, comfort, the deal I got etc. Problem is as I write this review, it is sitting in my garage and will not start. It has only 1,000 miles on it and is 2.5 months old. This is really pathetic. First time buying an American made car. I have 2 Hyundai Santa Fe SUVS and never had any problems with them. I figured when I bought the truck, let me buy American. I always like GMC line. Now, I think I am regretting it.

Let's Do It Again!
By SmokeyTA on 09/28/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After having had wonderful experiences with our last two GMC's, my wife decided she wanted the same. The 6.2 V8 is absolutely a pleasure to both drive and listen to. Unfortunately, it is a little thirsty. When it comes to style, I love the look of the 20" chrome wheels, and the chrome trim.

Great Family car
By Good Truck on 09/10/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best driving car I have ever had. It is wonderful for trips for families that have more than 4 people. While the gas mileage is not great. I get 18 miles on the highway fully loaded with cargo going 75 MPH with cruise control on. This is not much worse than our old minivan. The AWD makes you feel like you are glued to the road. The optional rear camera is a must. It makes backing out a snap. The turning radius is as good as any sedan. No joke. The interior looks like a Lexus and there is a ton of room. This car is identical to the Escalade except for the grade of leather.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.