Used 2007 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

Love my Denali!
By Mom2Four

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Needed a larger vehicle (had an '05 Sequoia) so we bought the Denali. I have four kids ranging in ages from 17 to 9. I tote kids around for soccer, volleyball, baseball, football, and dance - there is always plenty of room for everyone + friends. And it sounds awesome too!

Nav, heated seats front and 2nd row, remote start, electric back hatch. I love everything about this vehicle.

Front cooling seats would be nice for the price paid.

A pickup called SUV!
By omar khalifeh

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 2500 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Yukon XL 4WD 2007 model back in June 2008 from the dealer in Amman / Jordan. It has a 16 inch standard rims with narrow 245/75 wheels. Unfortunately, this SUV is the worst feel car that I ever drove. You feel uncomfortable in the 1st row, extremely in the 2nd, and worst in the 3rd. It feels like riding an open pickup truck and not at all like an SUV. The suspension is poor, rigid, and when you ride over a bump, the whole SUV shakes like a one rigid piece. Overall, a very bad experience that I will never repeat.

None

Wheels. Suspension. Interior. Comfort .Front row compartment.s Fuel mileage. And many other

A Nice Upgrade
By smokeyta

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After being a happy owner of an '03 5.3 Yukon XL, we upgraded to the Denali in '07. What a great vehicle it has been! The main reasons for this selection were the upgraded features, the towing ability, and generous cargo/people space. The burble of the 6.2 reminded me of the string of late 90's TransAms I did time in. Things that made the GMC the best choice over the Navigator were interior ergonomics, the discrete (if not slightly understated) luxury, the engine/6-speed with manual shift selections, and the interior decor (looks great in tan/brown) two tone). Almost two years later, we have not been disappointed. We have had no quality or warranty issues what-so-ever.

The towing capability of the 6.2V-8 is amazing. Pulling a 7,000lb rig is done with such ease, I can't believe that the stated towing capacity isn't something well north of 10,000lb. Also, I am very fond of the exhaust note/tuning - a great rumble!

Two things. First the obvious, this thing is thirsty. Around the burbs, we're only seeing 13mpg! It does respectably on the highway - between 20 and 21. Second, I really liked the gray interior of my '03. You can only get the Denali in black or tan. I have the tan, but is tough to keep clean

Good Towing Vehicle
By Joli Crothers

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First, I am a volleyball mom, buses the kids great with room to spare. It is also my ski vehicle and I haven't missed a great snow day yet with the 4WD, traction, and ABS. In the summer it tows my 5500 lb. boat over Colorado passes to my favorite lakes. It also towed my 30 ft. travel trailer up the entire California coast. Lastly, it tows my motorcycles to my favorite off road trails. I have only bottomed out once! Great tow with room for gear!

Automatic start button on keychain, seat heaters, auto rear door (can ice shut), handles great even when towing, ride heigth, rear heat and air conditioning, dual climate controls, great sounding stereo, stops on a dime for an SUV, auto dimming mirrors, back up sensors are a must, information center

Auto delay wipers are terrible in sleet and snow. My windsheild ices over to where I have to pull over because the defrost is inefficient. Wrong gearing for towing over mountain passes can not exceede 40 mph. Heater buttons require too much attention to use while driving.

Love it but some issues
By timber

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great family vehicle. Love its style and comfort. We got a good deal 10,000 off msrp. Only problem is a phantom rattle or vibration in front at low coasting speeds. Dealer can't seem to figure it out. Also we did not get leather so the seats are a terrible lint trap. They collect everything from lint to hair. Towing is great. The fake chrome interior door handles are bad, had to be replaced due to chipping. At that price you think it would be cheaper to do it right the first time.

It looks great, feels great, drives great.

Bad cloth interior collects all sorts of lint. Cheap interior door handles chips easily. Thought gas mileage would be better than older model.