2007 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
Worth it!
By JGaspard on 09/05/07 19:47 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2006 BMW 530i for our 2007 Yukon XL Denali (we have infant twins). My only complaints are some of the "luxury" aspects of the vehicle. Some of the interior design is 2nd rate for the price (dash board, area between seats, display, etc.). It rides great at all speeds. My wife was extremely nervous because of the size, but now has no fears. If you have a big family, this is your car. Plenty of space, plenty of power, plenty of quality. For all that complain about gas mileage-what do you expect? The vehicle weighs 7,000 lbs. It is the safest for my family. It carries my family with gear--sorry mini-vans, but I can pass cars with no problem at any highway with a loaded car.

Seating a Problem
By dave on 09/05/07 05:07 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love the ride, the power and the exterior design. This is the 7th Suburban/Yukon XL I've owned and by far the best in comfort, power, gadgets, and looks.

We know the good, here's the bad
By Damn Yankee on 08/25/07 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Of course this Denalli is awesome in every way. I thought our 03 Yukon was the best thing since sliced bread, but the Denalli made it seem like a 2 for 1 deal at KIA. But have you ever removed your third row seats? If you don't have a chiropractor you better get one. Why are these not folding flat yet? It makes me cringe when we need the space! Where's the hood light? Also a vehicle in this price range really should have air conditioned seats. And last but not least, as expected the stellar gas mileage. Obviously OPEC subsidises these vehicles in order to keep profits up, I mean this truck will outrun most sports cars on the road today but you'll never pass a gas station.

It is what it is
By Please for me daddy on 08/04/07 21:09 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle for carrying multi-passengers and for towing a boat. It does both with style and ease. The big engine option is worth it if you are going to tow, but don't expect stellar gas mileage from this. It does well for what it is. Console with DVD/Navigation gets a little busy and the illumination of the dials could be better. After 7 hours of driving I am not beat like I was driving our Lexus. This is a great blend of towing power and comfort.

2007 Denali XL
By Jay on 03/10/07 18:50 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Incredibly smooth ride for a vehicle of this size in and around city. Handles with great ease, acceleration is smooth and corners very well. Inside of vehicle is done tatefully with easy access to navigation and audio controls. Captains seats in second row are very comfortable and leave an access to third row for kids from middle without having to remove the second rows every time you have to get off. It also makes the inside feel very open and roomy.

Improved While Missing?
By RJ on 02/26/07 00:22 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased on 2/23/2007 to replace my 04 Yukon XL Denali. It has a lot of upgrades for only 2k than the 03. The steering is much improved along with handling. The updated NAV and dash layout is great! Entry into the rear seats is much easier with power fold up. The sunroof does not make the presure noise of the past. Six speed trans is very smooth and increased MPG by 5 already. I miss the old seats, and dual tip computer on the steering wheel. The cruise is better, but like the old stereo controls. The center console is larger, but glove is smaller. It seems like lots of vinyl instead of leather with lots of plastic. The dash is hard to read in daylight and missing 2nd visor. New Opts a +

Best of the best!
By Torod on 02/16/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I can't rave enough about this vehicle to do it justice! It overshot everything I expected of it. I thought my 2003 Suburban was the ultimate but this 2007 version surpasses it. It is quiet, superior ride and handling, power up the whazzoo, smooth as silk and outstanding fuel economy! Thank you General Motors! Once again you have whizzed passed all the rest with a mile or more to spare!

Fantastic!
By rbm5291 on 01/29/07 16:20 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased about 2 months ago and has been nothing but fantastic! The Yukon XL handles well and GMC offers features to appease anyone. I highly recommend for anyone that is looking for a large SUV. Gets better than expected gas miles on the highway but does drink it down in the city.

Clunk in my get along
By Reeree on 01/27/07 21:13 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At 3600 our '07 Yukon started having what I thought was transmission slipage. Dealer lubed slip yoke, then proceeded to replace 2 of them to no avail. Now worse than ever! If I didn't have a klunk in my rear end I would be very happy. Much improved from our '99.

First Yukon XL delivered to my dealer.
By Joe on 01/13/07 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle performs very well. Towing a travel trailer across the country I got 12 mpg which I thought was fine. Solo it gets close to 20. Over 6,000 miles it has used no oil and the computer says to change it at 15,000 miles. The fit and finish was a little disappointing. I need to take it to the dealer to have the strip on the passenger side replaced as it is falling off. The right rear wheel well also has a slight defect. Other than the finish problems the vehicle performs very well. The navigation system is very good and performs exceedingly well. It got us out of several problems with detours. The preprogammed trips are excellent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.