Used 2007 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Yukon XL

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

Oil Consumption & loss of pressure - Recall - Don't Buy
By 57mechanic

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In a nutshell, I'll advise anyone considering purchasing a GM truck with their 5.3 liter aluminum block to stay away. GM doesn't acknowledge the consumption problem & will not rectify it. "Sorry, but until it uses a quart every 1200 miles, it's considered normal." Since brand new, we religiously change oil & filter at 3,000 miles & have records to prove it. It began at 15,000 miles with "low oil level" alarm. Now.....1.5 quarts every 3,000 miles. Low oil alarm comes on anytime, anywhere but more frequent during freeway driving. Problem #2, "low oil pressure-turn off engine" oil pressure gauge goes to zero. Anytime, anywhere! What a nightmare! We are scared to leave the city with it.

Body style, interior treatments, stability are super!

For a $56,000 sticker price.........GM needs to take care of this and have a heart for the consumer. Spread the word so other consumers don't get burned like we did.

Loving It!
By MelissaP.

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Acura MDX for this and love it! I have 3 kids in car seats plus a husband who is 6'4" and it gives us plenty of room on long trips. DVD player is awesome, so easy to use while driving. I have a leather interior and seats are very comfortable. I get 16.2 mpg average and i live in a rural area with lots of hills. The things that I am disappointed with was that there is no place for sunglasses like in older models...something simple but it matters. Interior door handles are really cheap chrome and you can see the seam in them which someone else had mentioned in a review. Overall super happy with my rig. First American car, have owned VW, Audi and Acura.

Comfortable interior, easy access to 3rd row seat, DVD player, peppy for such a big vehicle- of course you'll see your gas gauge move if you step into it too much.

More nooks and crannies to put stuff. Slightly higher quality chrome on interior or skip it all together.

Top Dollar Paid for Cheap Quality
By hank

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

(1) Within a year, I had the drivers side carpet wear down to a hole by the arch above the carpet mat where I place my foot. The dealer replaced it at about 10K miles. At 35K miles..it happened again and they refused to replace it (GMC satsifaction intervened and refused also). So I pad $56k for their top of the line vehicle and had to drive it all this time with NOW a gaping hole in the drivers side carpet.

(2) The door handles have popped off! Both on the drivers side and rear drivers door. Basically, when you try to open the door, to door handle popped off--broken plastic backing!

(3) Rear defroster tab popped off (about 20k miles)..they had to weld it back but it popped off again.

DVD/NAV, sunroof, retractable running boards.

All outlined in my review. In addition, the skid control/stability control is highly unstable and the light goes off sometimes.

I love this SUV!
By jf

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! My kids and I always loved driving it. The Nav was great and always handy. Spacious in all rows and back storage. Love the truck/stiff suspension. Loved having the mp3 player jack to listen to whatever and however much we wanted on long trips. Didn't get a chance to tow with it. Due to our own budget, had to turn it in before we wanted. Gas mileage for everyday driving wasn't good but that's what you get for a tow vehicle. About $100 to fill the tank at $3 + per gallon. That was the only drawback. Would love to get another one someday, but it would be overkill with the kids getting older and nothing to tow.

Heated seats, remote start, remote back door, mp3 jack, dvd player, backup camera/sensors, leather, storage.

Gas mileage for everyday driving wasn't good.

Fun to drive
By Nautique454

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned a 2005 Tahoe Z71 4X4, a 2005 Suburban LT and now that I've owned this one, I'll never go back to anything less. The 6.2 L engine sounds awesome and performs to match. The fit and finish are much better than the previous design. A blast to drive and a lot of room.

The engine and the DVD Entertainment System.

Navigation system that lets you change your destination while driving. It won't let you input an address or point of interest while going down the road. I'm sure it's a safety feature but the front seat passenger can do it safely. It's annoying having to stop to input a new destination.