2007 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
My 4th GMC
By 07yukonxldriver on 04/15/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned four GMC vehicles (1997 K1500 Suburban, 2004 K2500 Yukon XL, a 2005 1500 Scierra and a 2007 K1500 Yukon XL. My favorite by far is the 2007 Yukon XL. I sold the 2004 because of fuel economy issues but the 07 never averages below 17 unless I am towing. I have had no issues what-so- ever. This Yukon tows better than my 3/4 ton unit did. The 5.3L engine will up an hide from the 6.0 in the 04. Best quality of any of them at that is at 45,000 miles. This is my wife's car and she uses it consistently. I have the back up camera/navigation combo and love it. It makes backing into a trailer EASY. Love it.

Nice Engine!
By Pinchme on 02/01/10 08:48 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just traded our 06 Denali in for the 07, loved the new body style just couldn't afford it in 07. We had few problems with the 06 so had no reservations about buying another one. The 07 is great (haven't had it long)...the engine is even more powerful than previous one...and I raved about that one. The passing gear is amazing. Exhaust bellow is music to my ears. Domestic build quality always leaves something to be desired when compared to imports...but that's always the case. Fuel eco is great considering the near 400 hp engine and massive vehicle size, its better than my Nissan Titan. If your looking for a serious people mover I would highly recommend looking at these.

Good for the first 60K miles
By Bayou on 01/04/10 08:31 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has been great for the fist 60K of its life, but has become a money pit after. I had front end alignment problems. Altenator went which killed the battery, cause several instances of me needing a jumpstart and a tow. Now both my front hub bearings went and the windshild washer heater module went. ALl the fluid would empty out randomly. GM dealer told me I was lucky the front wheel didn't fall off. That is great to hear when my kids are in the car! Door handle chrome is peeling and slitting my finger open like a razor blade. Lights are burned out on the seat heater switches on the door. I was hoping to buy anthother GMC but with all these problems, I don't know.

Nice Vehicle / Poor Electronics
By Roger on 12/14/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We chose the Denali over the Infiniti QX56 purely because of interior space. And while the Denali has proved to be a great vehicle for toting the kids around to all their sporting events and our cross country vacations, it always seems to be in the shop. A couple recalled items and several different electronically problems (one of which is still not fixed) have caused several headaches trying to schedule time to get the items fixed. The service and dealer folks have been very friendly and pleasant to work with but I'm very close to trading it in for a QX56

Love Hate
By Amanda on 07/16/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Yukon replaced an 04 Tahoe w/ electrical issue. Love the comfort & interior space. Unfortunately we had it in the shop 7 times for 8 warranty issues in the 1st 6 mo. Now it's going through 6 quarts of oil in just 1,500 miles & I've had numerous other issues that were all warranty related. It's in the shop for no less than a week due to the oil issue which GM is aware of but as advised the dealer not to attempt repair. Luckily I have a good dealer they are trying to resolve the issue but have to tear apart the engine to do so. This all in 19 mo's of use. For the price it's not worth the frustration & days without it! Too bad b/c other than the warranty & oil issues I'd love it!

So-So
By Phil on 04/04/09 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced a 2001 YukonXL with a 2007 Denali. The quality of both has been great. The 2007 has side-airbags, stabilitrack and higher crash safety. This is not a good tow vehicle, on paper it looks great but the rear suspension is too squirmy - I think it is the air bags that level the load. The steering is ambiguous. A 3/4 ton YukonXL would have been a better choice.

My 6th Yukon XL
By Michelle on 02/19/09 14:24 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven Suburbans and I love them, but if this would have been the 1st one I ever owned I would never buy another one again. I have had nothing but trouble with it since I've owned it. At 13k my transmission went out and I had to be towed in and 19k the alternator went out. Transmission is acting up again and every once in a while it will say add oil to engine and they can not find a leak anywhere. Dealer had done my oil changes to make sure it is being done the correct way and it will still loose 2 quarts of oil. I am getting ready to trade it off and yes I am going to get another Yukon XL because I do love my GMC's but it will not be the 2007 model.

Great Vehicle
By Alex on 01/25/09 17:25 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was waiting for this model to be available from the used car lot. I finally found the one I liked and was not disappointed. How surprised I was to achieve 17.5MPG driving 75MPH. I love every feature in this truck. Great improvements in the steering, suspension and transmission. the truck is much more stable and smooth on the road compared to 2001 model I had before. Great job GM!

Love my Denali!
By Mom2Four on 10/21/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Needed a larger vehicle (had an '05 Sequoia) so we bought the Denali. I have four kids ranging in ages from 17 to 9. I tote kids around for soccer, volleyball, baseball, football, and dance - there is always plenty of room for everyone + friends. And it sounds awesome too!

A pickup called SUV!
By omar khalifeh on 10/08/08 03:10 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 2500 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Yukon XL 4WD 2007 model back in June 2008 from the dealer in Amman / Jordan. It has a 16 inch standard rims with narrow 245/75 wheels. Unfortunately, this SUV is the worst feel car that I ever drove. You feel uncomfortable in the 1st row, extremely in the 2nd, and worst in the 3rd. It feels like riding an open pickup truck and not at all like an SUV. The suspension is poor, rigid, and when you ride over a bump, the whole SUV shakes like a one rigid piece. Overall, a very bad experience that I will never repeat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.