Used 2007 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

2007 GMC Yukon XL
By donewithgms

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice looking SUV, but that is one of the only good things i can say. Bought mine brand new, and have numerous ongoing problems. Excessive oil consumption, throttle body problems, and battery issues. The dealers and GM don't know how to fix many of the issues. GM customer support is useless unless the truck is still under warranty. They won't even help the dealer solve the problem. This is not the SUV to buy for reliability or long term.

Interior is ok

Solve the engine problems. Improve customer service.

Prepare for service!
By gmtruckman

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable vehicle but many, many problems with all the little sensors plus the 5.3 liter motor has a major defect and burns oil. GM says 1 quart per 2,000 miles is okay but after 80,000 miles it burns double that. It will even fail inspection for a lean cylinder due to the oil consumption. The services stabilitrack / traction control will also pop on for you on multiple occasions. The tires monitoring system always needs to be reset, the cruise control works only when it wants too and the vehicle used allot of fuel. They say 13c/19hwy but on average you get 14.9 total.

quality is poor and try contacting GM for help. all the customer service reps are in either guatamala or Argentina.

Another oil burner
By linkowski

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Yukon. However, it has been burning oil for about 3 years now. Three years ago I took it to my original dealership who told me that it was normal (with a straight face!). They refused to do anything. Fast forward to 96000 miles, took it to a Chevy dealership who listened to me and said they have had this problem. Next Monday it's going in to have the "shields" put in. I am still worried. GM customer service told me they didn't know anything about any problems, that the dealership handles all of this. I know they know, but as long as they can deny it, they will. Will post again when it is allegedly fixed. Very very unhappy with GM's response.

Love almost everything else. Except the fact I am now on my 3rd cd player, and the battery died way too early and the dealership sold me a defective one....but all is ok now.

GM needs to acknowledge this problem and take ownership of it. Too many people with the same exact problem.

Oil Consumption & loss of pressure - Recall - Don't Buy
By 57mechanic

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In a nutshell, I'll advise anyone considering purchasing a GM truck with their 5.3 liter aluminum block to stay away. GM doesn't acknowledge the consumption problem & will not rectify it. "Sorry, but until it uses a quart every 1200 miles, it's considered normal." Since brand new, we religiously change oil & filter at 3,000 miles & have records to prove it. It began at 15,000 miles with "low oil level" alarm. Now.....1.5 quarts every 3,000 miles. Low oil alarm comes on anytime, anywhere but more frequent during freeway driving. Problem #2, "low oil pressure-turn off engine" oil pressure gauge goes to zero. Anytime, anywhere! What a nightmare! We are scared to leave the city with it.

Body style, interior treatments, stability are super!

For a $56,000 sticker price.........GM needs to take care of this and have a heart for the consumer. Spread the word so other consumers don't get burned like we did.

Loving It!
By MelissaP.

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Acura MDX for this and love it! I have 3 kids in car seats plus a husband who is 6'4" and it gives us plenty of room on long trips. DVD player is awesome, so easy to use while driving. I have a leather interior and seats are very comfortable. I get 16.2 mpg average and i live in a rural area with lots of hills. The things that I am disappointed with was that there is no place for sunglasses like in older models...something simple but it matters. Interior door handles are really cheap chrome and you can see the seam in them which someone else had mentioned in a review. Overall super happy with my rig. First American car, have owned VW, Audi and Acura.

Comfortable interior, easy access to 3rd row seat, DVD player, peppy for such a big vehicle- of course you'll see your gas gauge move if you step into it too much.

More nooks and crannies to put stuff. Slightly higher quality chrome on interior or skip it all together.