2007 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
2007 GMC Yukon XL
By donewithgms on 02/23/12 11:00 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice looking SUV, but that is one of the only good things i can say. Bought mine brand new, and have numerous ongoing problems. Excessive oil consumption, throttle body problems, and battery issues. The dealers and GM don't know how to fix many of the issues. GM customer support is useless unless the truck is still under warranty. They won't even help the dealer solve the problem. This is not the SUV to buy for reliability or long term.

Prepare for service!
By gmtruckman on 08/15/11 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable vehicle but many, many problems with all the little sensors plus the 5.3 liter motor has a major defect and burns oil. GM says 1 quart per 2,000 miles is okay but after 80,000 miles it burns double that. It will even fail inspection for a lean cylinder due to the oil consumption. The services stabilitrack / traction control will also pop on for you on multiple occasions. The tires monitoring system always needs to be reset, the cruise control works only when it wants too and the vehicle used allot of fuel. They say 13c/19hwy but on average you get 14.9 total.

Another oil burner
By linkowski on 05/12/11 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Yukon. However, it has been burning oil for about 3 years now. Three years ago I took it to my original dealership who told me that it was normal (with a straight face!). They refused to do anything. Fast forward to 96000 miles, took it to a Chevy dealership who listened to me and said they have had this problem. Next Monday it's going in to have the "shields" put in. I am still worried. GM customer service told me they didn't know anything about any problems, that the dealership handles all of this. I know they know, but as long as they can deny it, they will. Will post again when it is allegedly fixed. Very very unhappy with GM's response.

Oil Consumption & loss of pressure - Recall - Don't Buy
By 57mechanic on 04/22/11 06:58 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In a nutshell, I'll advise anyone considering purchasing a GM truck with their 5.3 liter aluminum block to stay away. GM doesn't acknowledge the consumption problem & will not rectify it. "Sorry, but until it uses a quart every 1200 miles, it's considered normal." Since brand new, we religiously change oil & filter at 3,000 miles & have records to prove it. It began at 15,000 miles with "low oil level" alarm. Now.....1.5 quarts every 3,000 miles. Low oil alarm comes on anytime, anywhere but more frequent during freeway driving. Problem #2, "low oil pressure-turn off engine" oil pressure gauge goes to zero. Anytime, anywhere! What a nightmare! We are scared to leave the city with it.

Loving It!
By MelissaP. on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Acura MDX for this and love it! I have 3 kids in car seats plus a husband who is 6'4" and it gives us plenty of room on long trips. DVD player is awesome, so easy to use while driving. I have a leather interior and seats are very comfortable. I get 16.2 mpg average and i live in a rural area with lots of hills. The things that I am disappointed with was that there is no place for sunglasses like in older models...something simple but it matters. Interior door handles are really cheap chrome and you can see the seam in them which someone else had mentioned in a review. Overall super happy with my rig. First American car, have owned VW, Audi and Acura.

Top Dollar Paid for Cheap Quality
By hank on 07/30/10 16:26 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

(1) Within a year, I had the drivers side carpet wear down to a hole by the arch above the carpet mat where I place my foot. The dealer replaced it at about 10K miles. At 35K miles..it happened again and they refused to replace it (GMC satsifaction intervened and refused also). So I pad $56k for their top of the line vehicle and had to drive it all this time with NOW a gaping hole in the drivers side carpet. (2) The door handles have popped off! Both on the drivers side and rear drivers door. Basically, when you try to open the door, to door handle popped off--broken plastic backing! (3) Rear defroster tab popped off (about 20k miles)..they had to weld it back but it popped off again.

I love this SUV!
By jf on 07/25/10 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 2500 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! My kids and I always loved driving it. The Nav was great and always handy. Spacious in all rows and back storage. Love the truck/stiff suspension. Loved having the mp3 player jack to listen to whatever and however much we wanted on long trips. Didn't get a chance to tow with it. Due to our own budget, had to turn it in before we wanted. Gas mileage for everyday driving wasn't good but that's what you get for a tow vehicle. About $100 to fill the tank at $3 + per gallon. That was the only drawback. Would love to get another one someday, but it would be overkill with the kids getting older and nothing to tow.

Fun to drive
By Nautique454 on 07/16/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned a 2005 Tahoe Z71 4X4, a 2005 Suburban LT and now that I've owned this one, I'll never go back to anything less. The 6.2 L engine sounds awesome and performs to match. The fit and finish are much better than the previous design. A blast to drive and a lot of room.

Leary
By EastWALady on 06/16/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 07 new with just 57 miles on it, in feb 2008. At 26,000 miles we now have the oil issue. Not sure if it's burning oil, dripping oil or what. The dealership is doing the consumption testing and I have told them if I loose my engine and I'm under my 100,000 warranty, their not going to like me. Family really likes the rig and enjoys rides in it. Great for shopping or vacation trips. Looking at upgrading to a 2010 or 2011 Yukon xl. I had the dealer remove his decals, why should they get free advertising from me? Of course the salesman hesitated, but when I told him I would charge them a month to advertise, decals came off.

2007's are using oil! Don't buy one!
By 2007GMCYukon on 06/01/10 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Yukon before 40,000 miles. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. It began using oil and has only gotten worse. I have taken it to our Local GMC/Chevy Dealer every 3000 miles since for oil consumption tests, replacing heads, lifters, engine cleaning, to only prolong the problem but definitely not repair it. I have found at least 3-4 other people in my small town who are having the exact same issue. When I go to the dealer now they ask "Now which was is this, what all have we tried on it?" Why doesn't GMC just bite the bullet and replace the motor? I am now at 70,000miles! I guess they are trying to wait until the 100,000 mile warranty expires! Don't but one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.