2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
now the engine... when does it end money pit
By kingspark33 on 05/16/12 13:19 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV SL 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

New transmission at 54,000 ($1500.00), new harmonic balancer at 69,000 and now a complete engine overhaul at 82,000 ($2400.00).

Money pit
By jmulvihill on 12/23/11 09:19 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV SL 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Lets start by saying I bought new and right out of the dealer it was problems. 1) Front end will not stay in alignment / 4 set of new tires with now 103,000 miles. 2) Transmission is about to go but has always been hard to shift. 3) Every thing in the cabin shakes, breaks and falls apart ( trim pieces ect. ) 4) Both A/c units have failed due to some electrical part,,,$ over $ 2000.00 to fix both. 5) Water pump out at 32,000 miles, driver & pass window regulator replaced $$$. This has cost me more in repairs than my 32 foot sail boat ! GM has ZERO customer service when it come to warranty, ZERO confidence in their product but damm I love this 12.5 mpg beast. I pack 4 kids / 2 dogs and

2006 - GMC Yukon XL
By kingspark33 on 12/20/10 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

New tranny at 71,000. Now offers a 5 year/100k warranty for all cars 2007 & newer. Did not help me and my $2000 bill. My tranny guy told me last year that these trucks only last till 70,000. He was off by 1k. Merry Christmas. Thanks GMC!

I LOVE MY DENALI
By Denali Lover on 04/22/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven this vehicle up mountain roads, cross-country, my own driveway 1.5 miles and a 1,500' climb in elevation in snow, sleet, rain, ice, black ice and it has never failed me. I am in love with this extraordinary vehicle. Comfortable, heated seats, dvd player for the grandkids, manuverability, tight turns, easy to park, manage and haul anything. I've never had a problem with it. Forget everything else, I'd buy this all over again. 15.6 mpg at 4,500' average elevation and I am safe. I traded in a 1998 Suburban that my Son still drives, our rigs are trouble free, no problems, change oil every 3,000 miles and you're good to go. GMC you've got me.

Never Again
By Paul J. Lecker on 02/09/10 16:32 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great design.This is the third Yukon. 1995,2001 and now a 2006. This one has been extremely disappointing. Had to rebuild the transmission at 58000 miles. The truck hauls kids and groceries. Dealer actually charged me $100 to tell me the transmission was broken. I don't understand why the company doesn't stand behind the truck. Cost $2,500 to repair. Would not purchase another one because of my experience.

Love my truck!
By shelli on 09/06/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Yukon since April 04 and have not had any problems with it. It's got over 45,000 miles on it and everything is still like new. We have 4 children and often take trips that last over 5 hours each way -- the DVD player is a treasure. I love the heated seats and Stereo too!

Satisfied Yukon Owner
By happy owner on 08/03/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned since new. After almost 3 years of ownership. I have not had it in the shop at all. I have the fully loaded SLT model, except for the sun roof and really enjoy it. The 4WD works great in the snow and I get a constant 17.2 mpg. Perfect for my family.

2nd GM car And love It!
By poneill466 on 11/24/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 GMC Denali back in September as a Certifed GMC. So far everything has been great no complaints. I have to disagree on what people have say about the gas. You don't buy a 5000 pound car for fuel economy. I avg 14.8 around town and 19.7 hwy. Love my car! Will buy another one

Fully Loaded Yukon XL Denali
By Doug on 12/17/07 05:37 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just a fantastic vehicle, drives wonderfully, handles well, never any problems. Love the GPS system, very easy to use.

Piece of Junk
By bill rose on 03/21/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon XL SUV SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had numerous repairs to brake system rotors pads to no avail. Brakes squeak like crazy. Tires wore out at less than 15,000 miles. Replaced with Michelins and rotors warped and brakes still squeak. GM says brake noise is normal. Not for what I paid for this piece of junk!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.