Used 2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

Nice used truck
By andy

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in the midst of the SUV/fuel price crisis meltdown. Had it for 3 months now. Really liking it. Got it cheap for what I would have paid for it 6 months ago but it does drink down the gas in town.13 mpg in town.This is the 2wd model and has the best mileage of the bunch. On the open highway though it is great. Comfortable, safe and good height for vision.60mph/23mpg.65mph/22mpg.70mph/19mpg. This is from measuring fuel, not going by the mpg indicator on the dash which I find overestimates by 0.8 mpg. So,with its great power, size and comfort (and reasonable fuel economy for its size) it makes a great vacation car. Just don't use it as a daily commuter.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Ride height. Feeling of safety. Can tow when necessary. Plenty of room for the kids, friends, relatives, and luggage to boot.

Suggested Improvements

None yet but its still new to me.

Best Big SUV
By JV

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV. For a big SUV I get great gas mileage,19 in town and over 21 on the road. Much better than a comparable Suburban which is the reason I bought the GMC instead of the Suburban.

Favorite Features

Heated power seats

Suggested Improvements

None needed. I'm waiting a year or so to get the new body Yukon XL.

No better full size SUV
By Joy

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a great car/truck. More space than I now know what to do with. All the pros of a truck with the driving ability and comfort of a car. This is my second Yukon XL SLT. You can get just about anything into this vehicle and have room to spare. Gas mileage is great for a full size SUV. I have two young boys so the leather is great, making clean-up a breeze. No complaints here!

Favorite Features

Love the OnStar (had to use it), the seat position memory, the adjustable accelerator and brake, accessory controls on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Though the gas mileage is good, I'd like to not spend so much every time I fill-up

Love this car!
By Bonita Vergara

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. It is excellent for large families and hauling large items. It doesn't do too well with in city driving but is wonderful for long rides and highway driving. Lots of room for everyone as well as cargo space. I would get another one!

Favorite Features

I love the spaciousness and the ride it is very smooth. It has all the luxuries needed for my family.

Suggested Improvements

Handling can be difficult sometimes but other than that it is fine.

I Love It!
By Veronica

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned! I'm partially disabled, and this is not only the easiest car to drive, I've found it to be the most functional. The running boards make it easy to get in & out of; height & design give me great visibility. We took out the 3rd seat (2 minutes!) and I can easily put the back seat down (it's split so I can carry cargo and passengers!) to carry the dogs, groceries, and just about anything else I can think of! There's over 6 feet back there. Controls are thoughtfully arranged, along with separate climate control for the rear area....the dogs just love it~! And the stereo w/Bose speakers is icing on the cake!

Favorite Features

Comfy to drive; the onboard computer monitor system and steering wheel controls relieve a lot of anxiety when I'm alone. Stereo! Cargo area functionality ..so easy to configure

Suggested Improvements

Rear and front sensors for parking and backing. Button to close rear door. Remote control to open rear door (not just unlock it) Improve interior lighting (spot lights for passengers in rear)