Used 2005 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

Great vehicle for the SUV Enthusiast.
By crypkeypr

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the vehicle for $8,700 just recently and already have driven it well over 500 miles in a 2 week span. Everything I have looked at so far shows it has almost if not all factory equipment and parts. The 6 disk changer was damaged but with the built in cd player I removed it and wired in a usb device to allow playback over the factory radio. The ride is far more than I expected from such a large vehicle, the engine is perfect for the size. I have had no issues with the interior or exterior giving any aged problems. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a superb SUV that has all the bells and whistles to go with it.

The look and design inside and out. Though in my opinion the front end could be a little less rounded and a little more edgy to compliment the rest of the truck. Comfort design with all the bells and whistles you could ask for in any luxury car with the added benefit of hauling power and more seating room. Stock BOSE system is great for long drives, with the added bonus of the rear independent sound for passengers. A lot of people I read about outside noise, I had some but with 100k on the ODO I just replaced the door seals and any wind noise vanished.

Remove the stock 6 disk changer and install a USB or Ipod adapter. Buy a leveling kit or 3" lift kit if you plan to use it as an SUV instead of a glorified mini-van. Buy a tow assist if you plan to use the full potential of it's hauling power.

2005 Denali Yukon XL
By uptonmavrick

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 209,254 miles on it for $7,783 + Tax/Title. The interior looks new but the exterior has a few dings and a little rust starting here and there. It Runs & Drives like NEW! Everything works! I burn no oil between oil changes but the rear seal leaks a bit. I purchased this for towing and know a few people who are also driving these GM's with over 200,000 clicks/no problems. These vehicles get driven hard and simply keep going. We tow Ice Houses, Campers, etc. Getting stuck is a regular occurrence. Forward, Reverse, Forward... Stomp it. These things keep going! Add gas & change fluids regularly. Simply AMAZING machines..........

The ride is second to none. Smooth and quiet for a truck. Reliable! Durable! Will tow ~8,700lbs and haul 7 adults with ease.

I hate it when beautiful trucks rust out for no good reason. I think a better job could be done to treat these before the paint is applied.

I wish I had came to edmunds and looked for these reviews before I bought this huge waste of money.
By lulubholden

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my vehicle used with a clean vehicle history report. Over 4 months I get ...1) sunroof tracks out. 2)FL tire monitor malfunction, 3)transmission is failing, 4)starter went out, 5) driving lamps work intermittently, 6) check engine light on and computer says its an o2 sensor. Hmmmm which one of several? 7) One of rear seat warmers quit working. I think this earns GM a huge 0 in my book of quality.

Exterior look, size, leather seats

Stop making terrible cheaply made money Pitts. The term American Made should mean something to you car manufacturers.

Great SUV...If you like large SUVs
By rte07

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Denali when it had 92,000 on it. It now has about 102,000 on it and I have had it for about 5 months. I haven't had to do anything to it except a fuel pump and have some interior plastic touched up. No complaints here!! The only downside is 13.4 mpg, but what do you expect when you have a SUV of this size. All in all I think it is a great truck and it can do everything i want it to do, I can take me and 6 people around, pull boats and trailers, go on long trips and not even feel like it was very long. Im very happy with my Denali!

One of my favorite features is the power folding mirrors! Having a truck this big you need them to get in and out in those tight parking spots. I also love the AWD its great in the snow!!

Stability problems
By Carlo

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Recently, I went to get my vehicle service for an oil change and brake service. I told the service adviser about my stability sensor often comes on and my vehicle is riding off balance, so they check, but didn't find a problem with my vehicle. What can I do? My vehicle was purchased new in 2005 and has 58,000 miles and I didn't have a problem until this situation happen.

It's a great family vehicle for a road trip along with the XM radio, onstar and dvd.

better gas mileage, and a solution for the stability problem.