2005 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
I wish I had came to edmunds and looked for these reviews before I bought this huge waste of money.
By lulubholden on 03/24/13 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my vehicle used with a clean vehicle history report. Over 4 months I get ...1) sunroof tracks out. 2)FL tire monitor malfunction, 3)transmission is failing, 4)starter went out, 5) driving lamps work intermittently, 6) check engine light on and computer says its an o2 sensor. Hmmmm which one of several? 7) One of rear seat warmers quit working. I think this earns GM a huge 0 in my book of quality.

Great SUV...If you like large SUVs
By rte07 on 11/22/11 15:59 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Denali when it had 92,000 on it. It now has about 102,000 on it and I have had it for about 5 months. I haven't had to do anything to it except a fuel pump and have some interior plastic touched up. No complaints here!! The only downside is 13.4 mpg, but what do you expect when you have a SUV of this size. All in all I think it is a great truck and it can do everything i want it to do, I can take me and 6 people around, pull boats and trailers, go on long trips and not even feel like it was very long. Im very happy with my Denali!

Stability problems
By Carlo on 06/11/10 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Recently, I went to get my vehicle service for an oil change and brake service. I told the service adviser about my stability sensor often comes on and my vehicle is riding off balance, so they check, but didn't find a problem with my vehicle. What can I do? My vehicle was purchased new in 2005 and has 58,000 miles and I didn't have a problem until this situation happen.

Rattle Trap
By Matt on 04/06/10 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck with 28,000 miles. Was great until 40,000. The rear Air spring compressor went out, the factory CD player jammed and had to be replaced, Needed new A/c O-rings, the airbag needed to be serviced, there's a popping noise in the front end now, and the interior is flimsy and cheap. There are tons of wind noise and it seems like there's a new squeak or rattle every month. The fact that i can remove pieces of the interior with my bare hands is downright pathetic.

3/4 Ton Yukon XL - Rock Solid vehicle
By Dave C on 01/09/10 04:43 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon XL 2500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this vehicle for about 5 yrs, putting all 96000 miles on it. Only repair items have been to reprogram the transmission (in warranty) and to replace a burned out seat motor. I tow a 7000 lb trailer with it about 10 times a year. When Katrina hit, my wife and I evacuated in only this vehicle with two grown boys, 3 cats, a dog, cat litter boxes, dog pillow, suitcases, computers, game boxes - everything they held dear and drove for 8 hrs on a single tank of gas. Yes, it gets 13mpg, but if you are shopping for a reliable SUV - you won't find any better. I haven't even had to change the brakes!

Nice used truck
By andy on 10/13/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in the midst of the SUV/fuel price crisis meltdown. Had it for 3 months now. Really liking it. Got it cheap for what I would have paid for it 6 months ago but it does drink down the gas in town.13 mpg in town.This is the 2wd model and has the best mileage of the bunch. On the open highway though it is great. Comfortable, safe and good height for vision.60mph/23mpg.65mph/22mpg.70mph/19mpg. This is from measuring fuel, not going by the mpg indicator on the dash which I find overestimates by 0.8 mpg. So,with its great power, size and comfort (and reasonable fuel economy for its size) it makes a great vacation car. Just don't use it as a daily commuter.

Better ride than I ever thought
By Todd on 05/31/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle rides amazing well for it's size. Gets better gas mileage than some of the smaller competing models. More cargo space than you can use and wonderful ride. Did I mention how smooth the ride is? The Denali is an awesome vehcile.

Wow!
By Chris on 04/12/08 13:45 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Yukon XL and my first Denali and this one has been my best vehicle I have ever owned in the 27 years that I have been driving. The comfort can't be beat. We've driven it from Maine to Florida and back and had not complaints. The power is there when you need it and the gas mileage isn't bad for the size vehicle it is and the comfort. I have had no issues with mechanical problems and it's never broken down on me at all. I recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a lot of vehicle for their money. This beats any import out there as well! Solid vehicle.

No better full size SUV
By Joy on 07/05/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a great car/truck. More space than I now know what to do with. All the pros of a truck with the driving ability and comfort of a car. This is my second Yukon XL SLT. You can get just about anything into this vehicle and have room to spare. Gas mileage is great for a full size SUV. I have two young boys so the leather is great, making clean-up a breeze. No complaints here!

Best Big SUV
By JV on 11/29/06 05:54 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV. For a big SUV I get great gas mileage,19 in town and over 21 on the road. Much better than a comparable Suburban which is the reason I bought the GMC instead of the Suburban.

1 2 3 4 5 next »