Most Excellent!
By Videoarizona on
2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I've never owned a GMC product until this truck. Very impressed with the build quality, performance and reliability. I average 16mpg around town and 19mpg on highway at 75mph! Towing my 4200 pound sailboat across country and back gave me a 14.2 mpg average! I've had one small re-occuring problem concerning the rear heat on my SLT truck having a valve stick. We don't use the heat very often in Phoenix, so no doubt that has a lot to do with it. The rear air works very well! I have all the options but the DVD system and sunroof. As I said before, I'm impressed, GM. Good job with my truck.
Favorite Features
Comfortable, quiet ride. Excellent for long distance cruising towing the boat. Surprised my gas mileage is better than most. Even my wife loves to drive it, despite it's size! Very good dealer service and no maintenance issues for 50K miles! Everything works very well, indeed.
Suggested Improvements
Why the center console opens from the driver's side is beyond me. Opening from the front would allow both driver and passenger to access the area easier.