2004 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Review: Happy Yukon XL Owner

2004 GMC Yukon XL SUV - Consumer Review

Happy Yukon XL Owner
By M. Pauls on

2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Before i bought my Yukon, I rented them from Avis and Hertz. Loved driving them better than Caddy Devilles that I used to rent. Bought my 04 XL in fall of 04 and have never been sorry that I did. My first SUV..mid size SW before (Olds and Buicks) Drives like a car. My wife enjoys driving it. We have been on highway trips with 8 on board including all of the luggage. Amazingly the brake pads lasted for 80,000 miles before they needed to be replaced. Replaced them with original factory pads and they also lasted 80,000 miles. I like my 04 better than the newer 2007 to 2010 ones because of the folding armrests on the front bucket seats. The newer ones don't have them anymore.

Favorite Features

Power and handling, for the size and weight, really impress me. 5.3 Liter has enough power for any loads. Visibility is very good. Even with 4WD It can go into any public multi-level parking garages. The Ford SUV has trouble doing this.

Suggested Improvements

Only one improvement needed. A 3rd row seat that folds flat like the Ford Expedition. The GMC Yukon SLT XL beats all others except for the 3rd row seat folding /removal issue