2003 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
Dream Vehicle A Reality
By Mister on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wanted a usefull SUV, not a tall car.. Test drove everything in the class including the Chevy, the GMC stood apart. Excellent engineering inside and out, VERY capable (no problems extreme off-rading) leather interior exceptionally comfortable. Pretty good sound system (the sub will distort at high volumes). I tow my 17' runabout without knowing its there. Autoride is a huge plus in my book, load it up and trailer and keep the level ride. One waranty issue (leaking front differential vent) that I spotted whilst chainging the oil, fixed in a jiffy and no problems since. A must have if you wnat the Utility in an SUV.

Luv my new XL
By LuvmyXL on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been extremely pleased with my Yukon XL. It handles and rides so comfortably. I strongly recommend the second row captain's chairs. It really makes it easier to access the third row of seats. I love the cargo room!. We actually hauled our wooded swingset boxes (they were huge!!) home with both seats folded down. So much fun to drive!!

Nice Ride!
By David Martin on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice looking exterior vehicle. Denali XL interior is definitely a step up from the Yukon XL, offering more of a luxury look. However GMC still uses that cheap looking plastic dash board and plastic knobs (mirror ajustors, door locks etc). Very Smooth ride and comfortable with the optional captains chairs (2nd row).

like/love it
By riz on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had two problems within 6 months...the 4x4 went and gear box had to be replaced as well as the pwr box in the seat, controls the power seats and heater. Otherwise, love it. Avg. mileage is 14, not bad. Love the cargo room! 3rd row is heavy but can be handled by one man and comes out easily. I am 6' and could use more leg room. Captain chair arm rest is too close to body to lay comfortably. This new design is not smart. Have added bull bars for a great look better buy than the Navigator and Expedition.

GOOD SUV, BUT LACKS FINE TUNNING
By EPONCE on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

SERIOUSLY LACKS POWER ON ENTRANCE TO FREEWAYS. VERY CHOPPY RIDE FOR A 50,000 $ SUV. SUSPENSION LACKS STABILITY. SOME OF THE INTERIOR DASH PARTS FEEL LIKE CHEAP PLASTIC AND WILL PROBABLY BREAK OFF EASILY. LOOKS TO MUCH LIKE IT'S COUNTERPARTS THE TAHOE & THE SUBERBAN.

Fill it up with Kids!
By Noahsarc on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has lots of room for kids. Much better than a minivan and my wife is not afraid of driving big trucks. The 2003 models came a long way since its new body style in 2000. To much improvements to name. The gas mileage is expected considering its size, but the mileage increases after a couple of oil changes. It handles very well for its size and a smooth comfortable ride. But be careful, you don't realize you are driving 75 mph until you look at the speedometer.

Totally decent, what we wanted
By drdrevans on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good car (ours is an '02), ctually gets OK mileage (15 in town, 17+ on the road), not that much worse (only 1 MPG) than our '97 4 litre 4wd Explorer. Comfortable and quiet, good deal, and holds as much as one can imagine.

Mirrors
By rdawicki on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have a 2003 YUKON XL DENALI. We cracked the drivers mirror glass. Just the glass was $265.00. The bad part is there filled with liquid that stains your paint work.I tried everything to remove it.

Road Trip
By tdt on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent large SUV, a much better value than the comparably equipped ESV, rides much better than expected. Loaded with lots of features. My wife absolutely loves it.

Denali Rocks!
By WyoDenali on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love the vehicle. For a large SUV, it rides amazing well and is very stable. Everyone is comfortable in it and I love to drive it on the open road.