2003 GMC Yukon XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
"The Money Pit"
By Appendix on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Problems with electrical from the beginning. "Stabili-trac" light kept coming on. Had to replace electronics for this problem. Had it towed twice, due to the "Low Power", ended up having to replace the whole Throttle System ($250.00). Aspirator just went out, another electrical problem...they want another $157.32 for that. Rearview Mirror electronics just went, they want another $529.28 just to order the replacement mirror! Seems to be a "money pit", or I ended up with the "Lemon"!!

Excellent Full Sized SUV
By Tennyson Lee on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've been quite pleased with my new Yukon XL. The ride with the autoride suspension is very smooth and it handles very well, particularly for a 3 ton vehicle. My only significant gripe was with the Firestone tires that came standard with the vehicle. These tires generated an increasing amount of road noise and squealed readily in the rain. I upgraded to Michelin Cross Terrain tires and was surprised by the dramatic reduction in road noise and noticeable improvement in the ride quality.

Nice but not Nice Enough
By kcool on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my 01 for the 03. Was disapointed. GM took a lot of small things away to save dollars yet charge a higher price. Best part of this truck is the engine and AWD. But you pay for it in gas mileage. Average about 13.5 mpg combined. Get close to 17 mpg highway. With the back seat removed, lots of space. However the seat is cumbersome and heavy and hard to manage to get it in and out. If you leave it in it won't fold flat. For such an expensive vehicle, lacks the luxury touches that one expects. There is not much luxourious about it.

We love our Yukon XL !
By Texas SUV owner on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. We upgraded from the shorter older bodystyle Tahoe. I have 3 girls and it is a peice of mind that my family is riding in safety. I love the all the gizmos and gadgets like heated seats/steering controls and Onstar. I love how the Radio stations are set to each driver! My wife drives is most of the time and I know my family is ALWAYS safe! Don't skimp on the Envoy XL if you have a family of 4 or more, pricewise, you are not far from the Yukon XL, Get It !

A HUGE truck
By jarles on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We upgraded from a mivivan after moving to the snowy Northeast, and adding a couple of kids to the family. The truck is large, comfortable, and drives very smoothly. You only notice its size when maneuvering in tight areas and parking. Because we needed room for 6 and luggage, this was our choice. We would have liked to go smaller, but nothing else could offer the combination of passenger space, luggage, and the ability to drive in snowy, icy weather.

Denali - Wow!
By smokey2000 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Have piled on 9500 miles in 5 months already...what a highway cruiser! Averaged 17.7 mpg over a 700 mile round trip, with five people and all their luggage! Just keep it under 80 MPH and the mileage is OK. Try to maintain 85 or above, and it really suffers. Power is great! I LOVE blowing the doors off of the little imports and their rev- happy 4-bangers. It's all about the torque! There's no replacement for displacement! I even SMOKED a 330i BMW the other day! I loved the look on his face! Woo-hoo!

Luving this thing
By YukLuver on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded up from minivan. This SUV has more room, more power, more cool points. The drive is smooth and not very trucklike. It has been a pure pleasure.

GMC Customer for life
By AVIACREWS on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very happy that I paid a bit more for the Denali versus the Yukon XL. Smooth, quiet ride, huge amounts of power available. Extremely comfortable SUV! After one year and over 12000 miles, no problems.

Maddog's ride
By bannon9 on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Very very good ride,comfort and roomy 6.0 liter is very responsive and fast

Solid purchase
By Jaz0068 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We wanted to upgrade to a larger SUV and we could not be happier. Very well built vehicle. Lots of room in the front. Drives like a sedan and has fantastic pulling power. Although we expected this, the only negative I would say is that this vehicle is a gas guzzler! Add at least $100+ a month extra in gas costs.