2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
The Real SUV
By Giovanni Perlloni on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Yukon and her cousin Suburban make you fell like the King of the road.Fun to drive, great suspension and powerfull engine are the weapons in the battle, and Yukon and Suburban are the winners!

Ford Flips GMC awsome AWD
By Jose & Gilbert on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I recently bought a Ford Explorer with the new independent suspension in the back and it was very unstable. We were on the highway going to a funeral and There was a hole in the highway that we did not see and the independent suspension fell in the hole causing us to flip. We are recoperating from our injuries. Fortunetly the insurance told us we can buy a new car. We decided to buy a GMC Yukon Denali. We took it thorugh the same whole on the highway and we didnt feel it. Thanks to the AutoRide Suspension. Awsome Vortec Power and kicks the Fords ass anyday

Great Superb Vehicle
By kjc on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 2500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Drives unbelievably well. Votrec has tons of power. Very, very comfortable to drive long distances. Did a 640 mile trip in one day and could have done another 150-200 with major fatigue.

best suv !!!!
By bigjim7070 on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at the competition and decided on the Yuikon XL Denali. It was the right choice! Handling and parking are a dream. The Bose stereo is the best! The air conditioning can cool down the entire vehicle in a minute. My kids love the rear stereo and heating/cooling controls.

2002 Yukon XL is awesome.
By JMW5 on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV drives like a car and has a very comfortable interior. Everything on the dash is in easy reaching distance. I've only had the car for a few days so I can't really rate its reliability or fuel economy, but so far I've been really happy with it.

Vast Improvements
By Spyorangej on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Yukon XL 1/2 ton SLT is my favorite SUV in production. It is just the right vehicle for a high demanding family.

Yukon XL only bested by Denali!
By S Martineau on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best in class features and strength for the dollar. If I could find and afford one at the time, I would have bought the same in a Denai upgrade. All four brake assemblies were entirely replaced due to odd wear and rusting. GMC made it right and without delays. Some early rust on undercarriage is being monitored. Could have been shipped or stored in a bad moisture situation, plus it was a dealer demo - who knows what the previous "owner" was up to? I'd buy another in a minute!

GMC Danali
By chris123443 on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Well I have been buying fords for the last 10 years for quality reasons. My new wife liked GM products so I decided to take a look at the GMC Danali. Since it was her car I let her pick and that is what she wanted. After owning for several months some of the features it lacked like backup sensors, a warning system for the doors being opened, and other small items became apparent. The biggest reason is the general GM fit and finish sucks. We have had it back to the shop for stupid things like pieces falling out of the interior and rattles that come for who knows where. We are looking to trade it for a Excursion and count our losses as a learning experience.

Very good car
By KB on 03/14/02 20:05 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am glad I purchased this vehicle. I test drove Toyata Sequoia, Chevy Suburban, Ford Excursion, Ford Expedition, but I choose to buy Yukon XL. Excellent car!

2002 Denali
By jmoriarty on 03/06/02 22:00 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Needs more feautures for price category...Need front and rear sensors..Need to know when children leave the door ajar(that was an old feature I thought that was in ALL cars. Dashboard has plastic that is suppose to look like wood..The BMW X5(my wife's car) is much better with features and interior quality design. Computer is limited in capabilities..My old Dodge VAn told me more information. The power covers are weak and break off easily. Too much wind/highway noise on windshield.