2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
Dream vehicle--(:-)
By Bulldog Man on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Finally got the vehicle of our dreams. If you are looking for a vehicle that has every feature, along with the quality you are looking for in an SUV, the XL is for you. The great looks, gets everyones attention and this SUV can be decked out with many after market items that make it a real eye catcher. The ride is "sweet" (as long as you get rid of the Firestone tires).

GMC YUKON XL
By Elmosfire on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle due to relocating with my job. Best decision I've made recently, this Yukon can haul a tremendous amout of cargo. I hardy ever drive my 01 Pathfinder anymore. My most pleasant surprise was the luxury car like ride on the highway.

End of Model Year has the best financing
By KB180 on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wish mine had the sunroof, but what sold me was the Zero Down, Zero Interest for 60 Months, and no payments for 90 days (2002 Yukon Models)...you can't beat that! Too bad GMC wasn't offering the same deal on 2003's, or I would have bought one of those instead. This model is rated at 12 city/15 hwy, so don't expect to save any money on your next fill up. Fortunately for me, I don't put a lot of miles on annually, so this was not a factor for me. Visibility is also excellent on this vehicle. Handling is supurb, unlike any large SUV I've driven before (had a Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD previously).

Pete's Denali
By PeteA on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle and Dealership second to none. Used to the high customer care given by Acura but this Northern California Tracy GM dealership tops the lot. The Danali smokes other SUV's (added a K&N air filter and Tornado fuel saver for more power and 20% better fuel consumption. Rain or snow in Tahoe, It's the skiers dream vehicle with the most comfortable heated seats I have ever sat in. The autoride suspension enabled me to drive virtully non-stop from Vegas to SF and arrive refreshed. The AWD is noticably better for road holding as evidenced when driving down the grapevine on I5 at high sppeds in high winds (compared to my prior 1994 Suburban)

First 2000 Miles
By Dave's Toy on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

All-around visibility is exceptional for a vehicle this size. Rear-view mirrors are large, quick to respond with exceptional coverage. Turning radius is excellent. SUV responds and accellerates quickly. Rear seats easy to lower and repostion. Third seat is heavy, but easy to remove and replace. Ride is smooth, quiet, and solid for a large SUV. Leg room for all is comfortable. Third seat surprisingly comfortable. Trip record feature a plus. All in all, we LOVE the Denali. Can't wait to tow our retirement "cabin."

Happy Owner!
By FamilyHaul on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you've got children, or adults for that matter, to haul around, your going to love this vehicle! Have cargo and humans/pets? This vehicle CANNOT be beat. I'm on my second one, and haven't had a moments trouble with either. With the model change, (2002?), the turn radius improved immensely; making parking somewhat easier. Seats are comfortable, power is wonderful.

Very Comfy - Nothing but Problems
By on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been in the dealership for repairs 4 times already, and is about to go in a fifth time. The On- Star wouldn't work (2 times in), and on several ocassions the truck would not start. The first two times in for this problem they couldn't find a problem. They have just replaced the fuel pump and ignition switch and hopefully, that will work. The day after picking it up from this work, the rear speakers went out and at the same time the service engine soon light lit up!!!

Nice Ride
By Thomas Beck on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride and handling but could use better brakes which work well but seem soft. Mileage exceeding window estimate and getting 17+ mpg on the road and 14 in town. Like driving a cruise ship on the road and surprising how nimble it is in the city considering the size. My fifth vehicle of this type and by far the best in every regard. People notice it too which is nice. Worth the extra price over the base model.

GREAT TRUCK
By California Guy on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 2500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just sold the Toyota Sapling (Sequia). Bought myself a realy SUV and not sorry for buying American. Already taken a few trip hualing and off road driving. It may be a big truck, but I have been over and thru stuff the Toyota would not think about trying. The best part of the purchase of the Yukon XL was the cost was cheaper then the Toyota, yet I got 100000% more truck, quality and abilities. This is a major keeper and will be in my garage for many years

Soccer Mom Mobile
By glue on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the Yukon XL Denali after comparing it to a custom suburban and an Escalade. I know I made the right choice. It is quick, has a smooth ride and a tremendous sound system. It is stylish but not to flashy. I feel comfortable driving it anywhere and not having to worry about it. As of yet I have had no problems and am excited to say have good gas milage (I also have a 2000 Ram 2500 which gets 10 miles per gallon). Although I am a single male and drive a soccer mom mobile, I would strongly recomend this vehical to anybody.