2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
Great Ride
By Bradensdad on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ride is great, Dealer has been wonderful to work with and very customer friendly. Passenger seat is not the best on a long ride and can cause some back pain if you are suscepti ble to same.

Interior Suggestions
By DavidK on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV has been great and the braking system is much improved over our 99 Suburban. The one major flaw we have found is that the front seats DO NOT fully recline. This SUV is used on long trips and we find this to be highly annoying. We dislike this flaw so much that we will not buy another Yukon XL if this has not been changed when we buy another SUV in a couple of years.

The best SUV ever
By Tonjalyn on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is amazing. The room, the comfort, the smooth riding, the overall SUV is LUXURIOUS! The children have enough room they don't have to touch!

Very Happy
By WJL on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

No problems in 24k. Tows 5500lb trailer well. Very nimble handling for a large vehicle. Outstanding acceleration. Ride is excellent and comfortable. Tremendous difference in ride/handling from 96 & 99 Suburbans. Fuel economy 16-17hwy/12city.

NW Napper
By NW Napper on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 2500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It has been all we wanted and more. We don't tow anything with it, but could tow 5 tons. It is more capable than anything else I have tested. Everybody gets out of your way. It gets about 12 mpg in town and 16 on the highway.

Step Up
By smacko on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second- the first being a 1999. This is a definite step up in ride, comfort, power and creature- features. I remain a loyal fan.

It ain't General Motors Crap anymore!
By MAGICBUS on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is perfect for my lifestyle. It has had no more problems than my BMW and the Dealership has been very good. This is my third Yukon! I would definately recommend, but I am tired of seeing so many.

Fun in the Sun !!!!!!!!
By PIGDOG on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent ride, performance, handling. The leather seats are the best I have ever rode in. This car is a must for big families...

Yukon ZL - 1500
By tyoung on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Built well from the factory. All doors etc fit well. Have had no serious problems with the vehicle.

Towing Ability
By nickmatt on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 5.3 ltr. is rated to tow a 7,700 lb. (max) trailer. I purchased a trailer and at a weight of 5,000 lb. the Yukon does not work so well. The dealer reps assured me that the 5.3 is a "STRONG engine more than capable of towing the close to the max rating". I had my doubts and I was right. The 5.3 is not a very strong engine I would avoid towing much of anything.