Best truck ever owned, great off road but no hummer
By mattharrisa on
2012 GMC Yukon Hybrid Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)
I love this vehicle .I got 13 city mpg in my previous all wheel drive 2005 denali and consistently get 19 city mpg in my Denali hybrid 4 wheel drive. I get about 20 mpg highway now vs 17 mpg in previous non hybrid Denali . I frequently go off road and had my doubts about the 22" wheels but hasn't presented a problem, although I'm not pushing it off road. I do frequently ford a wide river that I need to cross to Get to my cabin up to about 18" water depth in 4 wheel drive, but won't attempt it at higher water depths. I usually ford about a foot of water with absolutely no problems. I have 22,000 miles with no problems except having heated seat replaced under warranty.
Favorite Features
Comes fully equipped. Love entertainment option and sun roof. Great gas mileage. Significantly higher than previous non hybrid yukons I've owned, this is my fourth one, but first hybrid. THis truck is still a beast that is all the power I need, but I do not tow anything, although I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue. Did purchase full size spare since I venture off road so much. It's a dealer installed option they have to reroute the exhaust system which is a non issue except for the extra $1000. Worth the peace of mind, instead of the standard compessor and can of green slime.
Suggested Improvements
Would love to have brighter high beams, and have the Denali hybrid available in 20" wheels instead of 22" standards to feel better when I go off road Skid plates would be nice also, but I realize most folks don't purchase this vehicle to go off road like I do. Would like to see better lateral support in the front seats as well. Had customized center console to give wider arm support, which I was used to with the old yukons that have separate arm rest.