2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid Consumer Review: tremendous vehicle!

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (6.0L V8 Hybrid 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

tremendous vehicle!
By jet1 on

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have had my Yukon Hybrid for a year and a half and in that time I have discovered a whole new level of sophistication. Previously I have had Range Rovers which are very nice but just don't offer the same level of performance. I have had one recall for a minor issue but other than that in 19,000 miles it has never missed a beat. Fuel mileage seems to average around 20 mpg mostly city driving, but the carbon foot print of this vehicle is far lower than my last few which is the reason I bought it. At stop lights with the engine off the other hybrids are usually running...enough said. You do have to learn to change your driving style to get the most out of this vehicle.

handling is good, drive line is spectacular. Build quality so far is VERY good as is the performance. Stopping power is also excellent.

the folding second seat needs to have a latch to hold it in place when folded. I would like to see the elec. drive to be able to sustain 35 mph instead of 30. the speed limiter needs to be REMOVED!