2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon Hybrid model:
No buyer's remorse here!
By Tex on 07/30/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

After the Hybrid stickers were removed, my family and I stand back and admire the beauty of this automobile. We had been persuaded away from American-made cars several years ago and went the way of the foreign minivan. We were leery of Government Motors, but are extremely happy with the quality of this vehicle. The ride is smooth, the gas mileage is really 20 mpg, and the cargo room is expansive with the last row of seats out. All our stuff can fit and when the grandparents come to town, everyone has ample room. GM did a great job without sacrificing anything. It's solid and the quality is on par with any Toyota/Honda/Nissan minivan out there!

tremendous vehicle!
By jet1 on 06/20/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have had my Yukon Hybrid for a year and a half and in that time I have discovered a whole new level of sophistication. Previously I have had Range Rovers which are very nice but just don't offer the same level of performance. I have had one recall for a minor issue but other than that in 19,000 miles it has never missed a beat. Fuel mileage seems to average around 20 mpg mostly city driving, but the carbon foot print of this vehicle is far lower than my last few which is the reason I bought it. At stop lights with the engine off the other hybrids are usually running...enough said. You do have to learn to change your driving style to get the most out of this vehicle.

Great truck & mileage after recall
By mwells on 04/12/10 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Love this truck for it can idling when parked and no carbon foot print. The truck was receiving poor gas mileage, but after the transmission recall it is getting what is estimated. I love the fact it gets around 20 miles per gallon and I have a lead foot. Wondering if GM will credit me the fuel cost from their error?

My Yukon is always in the shop!
By ahurley on 09/12/09 05:22 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

The actuators that move the door locks keep burning out, one after the other. I am on my fifth replacement. I will be contacting a lawyer when the next one burns out.

Nice truck, but has some shortcomings
By RJ on 07/30/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Bought this truck new on New Year's Eve 2008. After 7 months and 12k miles, I'm a bit disappointed with the mileage. We're only getting around 17 MPG. I have a lead foot, but my wife doesn't and she is the primary driver. Don't see how other reviewers are getting 20+. Have also had to take it to the dealer twice for brake issues. Covered under warranty, but still a hassle. Interior is laid out nicely, but materials seem really cheap. Driver's seat has great leg and head room, but comfort of seat is lacking on long trips. Overall, pretty happy with it. Has a very good ride even at 75-85 MPH. With 3rd row seats out, cargo area is spacious. Can't use NAV without radio on.

Great Vehicle!
By Jay on 07/09/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This is a very well engineered vehicle. In 9 months I have driven over 27,000 miles in both city and highway driving, as well as a short 300 mile trip towing a medium size Uhaul. Very comfortable on the road and around town. For a 5,600 lb. SUV with 4WD I can't complain getting 18.5 MPG pulling a trailer at 80 MPH and 19.5 MPG on the open road at 85 MPH. Around town I average 20 MPG and I don't drive like a little old lady.

Love the truck
By Frank on 06/26/09 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

bought the 2008 Yukon used in 2009 with only 1500 mile on it. What a truck! Averaging around 21.7 and I have a prtty heavy foot. Very Happy with the truck, getting better gas milage than my BMW x3 with a weak six cylinder.

Keep on GMC Truckin'
By madeintheusa on 04/19/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This is an amazing truck that has all of the "eco-modifcations" commonly discussed for trucks: aerodynamic styling, light weight engine / body parts, hybrid drive train. The result has been about 23 mpg in overall mileage in a 2WD truck that is fun to drive and easy to operate. Highly recommended to those who need and appreciate large trucks. There is simply nothing else like this truck in its size/weight class.

2008 Yukon Hybrid
By Disappointed on 03/26/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

If you are considering this vehicle for the gas mileage, forego the Hybrid and purchase a regular Yukon. Based upon the advertising, I thought that it would be worth spending the extra money for the mpg. It's not. Driving under normal conditions (acceleration and braking), I am averaging just 16 mpg, or less. The sticker on the vehicle said EPA Estimate of 20 City/20 Hwy (However, the fine print says "16-24 depending upon driving conditions" (paraphrasing), which give GM a great deal of flexibility, while disappointing the buyer! GM's Hybrid technology is questionable, to say the least. They want you to drive slower than the rest of traffic on start-ups, and brake slower than normal.

This is a great SUV
By ransom777 on 01/12/09 16:55 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have owned this car for about a month and just love it. It is quiet, comfortable, and great to drive. I am averaging about 18mpg. The nav is great and the back up camera comes in very handy. There is a ton of room in this vehicle and it is a pleasure to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.