Used 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Gmc Yukon-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon Hybrid model:

No buyer's remorse here!
By Tex

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

After the Hybrid stickers were removed, my family and I stand back and admire the beauty of this automobile. We had been persuaded away from American-made cars several years ago and went the way of the foreign minivan. We were leery of Government Motors, but are extremely happy with the quality of this vehicle. The ride is smooth, the gas mileage is really 20 mpg, and the cargo room is expansive with the last row of seats out. All our stuff can fit and when the grandparents come to town, everyone has ample room. GM did a great job without sacrificing anything. It's solid and the quality is on par with any Toyota/Honda/Nissan minivan out there!

Favorite Features

MPG and the Navigation system. Envy from other drivers at stop lights! Back seats are configurable to almost anything you want to carry.

Suggested Improvements

Back row seats are HEAVY, but easy enough to configure. Wish we could get 30 mpg

tremendous vehicle!
By jet1

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have had my Yukon Hybrid for a year and a half and in that time I have discovered a whole new level of sophistication. Previously I have had Range Rovers which are very nice but just don't offer the same level of performance. I have had one recall for a minor issue but other than that in 19,000 miles it has never missed a beat. Fuel mileage seems to average around 20 mpg mostly city driving, but the carbon foot print of this vehicle is far lower than my last few which is the reason I bought it. At stop lights with the engine off the other hybrids are usually running...enough said. You do have to learn to change your driving style to get the most out of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

handling is good, drive line is spectacular. Build quality so far is VERY good as is the performance. Stopping power is also excellent.

Suggested Improvements

the folding second seat needs to have a latch to hold it in place when folded. I would like to see the elec. drive to be able to sustain 35 mph instead of 30. the speed limiter needs to be REMOVED!

Great truck & mileage after recall
By mwells

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Love this truck for it can idling when parked and no carbon foot print. The truck was receiving poor gas mileage, but after the transmission recall it is getting what is estimated. I love the fact it gets around 20 miles per gallon and I have a lead foot. Wondering if GM will credit me the fuel cost from their error?

Favorite Features

Leather seats, navigation, and DVD.

Suggested Improvements

My dream is it to have 30 miles per gallon.

My Yukon is always in the shop!
By ahurley

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

The actuators that move the door locks keep burning out, one after the other. I am on my fifth replacement. I will be contacting a lawyer when the next one burns out.

Favorite Features

It looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

Fix it.

Nice truck, but has some shortcomings
By RJ

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Bought this truck new on New Year's Eve 2008. After 7 months and 12k miles, I'm a bit disappointed with the mileage. We're only getting around 17 MPG. I have a lead foot, but my wife doesn't and she is the primary driver. Don't see how other reviewers are getting 20+. Have also had to take it to the dealer twice for brake issues. Covered under warranty, but still a hassle. Interior is laid out nicely, but materials seem really cheap. Driver's seat has great leg and head room, but comfort of seat is lacking on long trips. Overall, pretty happy with it. Has a very good ride even at 75-85 MPH. With 3rd row seats out, cargo area is spacious. Can't use NAV without radio on.

Favorite Features

Remote start, XM, NAV, OnStar, leg room, sunroof, MP3 jack, auto folding side mirrors, backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy. Full power seats (has power back/forth, but manual recline). Also fold-flat 3rd row seat would be better. DVD screen blocks most of driver's rear view; screens on front headrests would be better. Can't view NAV with radio off; power switch operates both so it's all or none.