2000 GMC Yukon Denali - Consumer Reviews

Denali 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Great Comfort
By Thom on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

There have been a few major problems that need to be replaced or worked on, like the Fire wall bolts were lose, the rear fan had to be replace as well as the front driver side heated seat quick working and had to be replaced. I have worked through a dealership and they have taken care of everything with no hassle. On another note, the ride is great. It is a Cadillac ride without the car appearance. It keeps you warm in the winters and cool in the summers and allows you to see all around you with little effort, which allows for easy driving.

Off Road Use Comments
By Bruce Beighle on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

I have driven my 2000 GMC Yukon Denali in rough offroad conditions throughout the northern Rockies. At ~28k miles the transmission failed and was replaced (~$1500), at ~38k miles the fuel system failed and 4 main components were replaced (~$900), at 52k miles the front alignment pin & boots had to be replaced, uneven tire wear forced replacement of 4 new tires within 20k miles (~$500), a cracked plastic front grill was replaced (~$700) and several body parts have fallen off. In summary, this vehicle has been a very expensive lemmon and we can't wait to replace it with a more reliable and better built vehicle (e.g. Toyota 4Runner or Nissan Pathfinder).

2000 denali
By allen mayer on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

braking requires care due to the size and weight of the vechicle.

GMC Denali
By baja on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second and last GMC. Quality and reliability were very poor. I ran into several FACTORY defects. Do yourself a favor and buy a Toyota.

My Denali
By Noreen on 03/06/02 21:08 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

I was apprehensive about the size of the truck when I purchased it. The feeling of being so high up was new to me. I looked at Cadillac Escalade the high price tag. Will the real truck maker please stand up.The Denali was the better buy unless your hung up on the wreath and crest. It is like traveling on your favorite couch. So the gas mileage isn't the greatest but its worth every mile of what it cost.