2000 GMC Yukon Denali - Consumer Reviews

Denali 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Awesome SUV
By viianen on 07/15/11 07:28 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has been up the rocky mountains down some back country trails and in some crazy winter storms and yet it looks and feels brand new. Truck has lots of power considering the it weighs the same as a super duty. Comfort is amazing. Truck is over ten years old and 150K in it and it runs like a beauty. Changed the plugs and wires, normal maintenance and no major issues. Truck has loads of room and even with it packed to the rim it feels empty when loaded. Excellent truck recommend one to anyone.

My Old Truck
By Jill on 07/07/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

My 2000 Denali now has 147k on it and I still love it! This is the most comfortable truck I've ever owned, not sure what I'll do when the time comes that it has to be retired. I've only had to do minor repairs to my vehicle, very reliable. I am having an issue with the headlights, does anybody know if there is a way I can put bi-xenon in, and if so where would I get them? Thanks.

2000 Yukon Denali - Excellent Car
By Smith on 06/16/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car new in 2000. Have had NO problems. Excelent on road trips/very comfortable. Have drivin car back and forth to tempe Arizona. Would buy another.

2000 Yukon Denali
By DS on 09/13/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

It stops like a dump truck, and the inadequate 255/330 BHP/TQ 5.7 liter engine moves this 3 ton SUV slowly (10+ seconds 0-60) and inefficiently (14 miles per gallon - mostly highway). However, it's a very comfortable vehicle with good ergonomics and comfortable seats.

Very Poor Denali
By none on 01/24/08 15:11 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

This is for a 2004 Denali with nothing but problems. Dealers cannot find and fix the shaking and the wandering on these vehicles and are denying a problem even exists. It appears the frames or the design of these vehicles are in question and appear to drive very unstable down the road. Not all Denali's have this problem but there are a lot that do. I feels like you are driving down a bumpy road when the road is not. read the forums at http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com I can deal with the paint problems on the console and the Speedometer issues and all the cosmetic stuff, but I cannot deal with the real problems like bad welds in the frames and the wobbling down the road. I will never buy GM

Still going strong!
By Kim on 04/25/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

This car has hauled our family, towed campers, and overall had reasonable maintenance costs. I gave it an 8 for fuel economy, although I only get 12-15 mpg, because I think it performed well in this regard considering its weight and engine power. A Denali really does ride much better than a regular Yukon. To me there is no comparison.

Smooth ride
By Tom D. on 06/14/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always liked my Chevy truck and I wanted the same power and comfort in a family vehicle. My wife and I test drove severel SUV's. None felt near as solid or sturdy as this one. We love everything about this SUV. Hopefully we can get a newer one in a few years. Until then we will just enjoy this one.

2000 Yukon Denali
By Tony Da Tiger on 09/18/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

Best truck I've ever owned. Had Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to buying this one and there is no comparison. Love the way it looks where it stands out in the crowds. Always get compliments on how good the truck looks. Very comfy ride even with full load. Handles very well in the snow and mud and even towing.

Heaven on Wheels
By harry on 06/07/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

It's heaven on wheels. The Vortec 6000 engine, luxurious leather captain seat, and bucket seats are remarkable. The exterior is so well finished and it is just so fun to drive. Its acceleration is out of this world considering it is a full sized SUV. My opinion, if you dont have get one!

Can't beat an American Truck
By Portmanblaze on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Yukon Denali Denali 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck with 80k miles on it knowing that the old 350 had a lot more time left. We make trips to Michigan several times a year from the East coast and you can hardly feel the ride in this truck. All passengers are comfortible and have plenty of room to strech out. This truck also stands out in a crowd b/c of it's trim pkg from the factory. However the truck could use larger sway bars to prevent roll and something to prevent pitching when braking.