2015 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Disappointing p
By kathy karlas

2015 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I personally feel like the body of the car is cheaply made. The doors are so light and sound hollow. For me the car had so many blind spots. I did like how u could just whip around in it. It drove nice after you got in it but you had to climb in and out and I don't think it wasn't that big or that small for all that work. I loved the body style especially the white one and the red one. They looked very sharp. I traded it off after one year.

Very nice car for traveling and local driving
By Lori

2015 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car would be about perfect except for two main things. First, it has no rear air conditioning and we have to freeze in the front so passengers or our little dog aren't too hot in the back seat, and dual controls would be appreciated because we fight over the temperature constantly. Second, it is too low to the ground and has a plastic wrap around border on the bottom of the car which means you have to be very careful when you park not to hit parking stops or curbs and you can't take it off road on rough ground without worrying about damage as well as having to forget about steep driveways. The gas mileage is excellent and we bought it for traveling. We are very tall and the seats go way back in the front and the back seat is adjustable, too, and is comfortable even for very tall people. It is easy to get in and out of because the seats aren't as low as a car. This is not a Subaru Outback type vehicle... I suggest staying on the paved roads. The drivers side is rather noisy on most roads, but tolerable. I appreciate the back-up camera. I wish we could have afforded the AWD, but so far no problems with only FWD. The power steering went out on our second trip and we had to have the entire front end replaced, but the car has worked fine ever since. However the dealer in another state wouldn't fix it and we had to drive it back to our state without PS to get it repaired and that lack of GM service was a shock. For maintenance our local dealer has been great.

Gmc terrain....just what we needed
By Steven Sackett

2015 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The backseat is great and spacious for 2 rear facing car seats which is why we bought it. We had a cx5 and there just wasnt enough space to drive safely. Be careful with parking forward facing. We lost the under carriage the first time my wife drove it on an average curb. Other than that we love it but I think I'd hate it if it was a 4 cylinder.

If it wasn't so noisy!
By A. Holbrook

2015 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

GMC has a great mid-small SUV in the Terrain, but after about 7500 miles it started to develop small rattles in the interior. Also, the 2.4L engine is LOUD. The noise suppression system seems to kick in a bit late, leaving it noisy around 40 to 45 miles per hour. This is a great car to take trips due to the interior space and spacious back seat, and can get up to 35 mpg according to the computer on our last trip to Canada. If you don't mind an occasionally noisy interior and a buzzy engine when you need power, then this is your vehicle. I'm not sure if I will lease another GMC next time unless some of the problems are taken care of.

made for young, short people
By OJ Sergent

2015 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I dislike this car. I bought it with 25k miles and now has 28k. I am 5'3" tall and it's very hard to get in and out of. Guess I didn't really give that much attention. My head hits the top of the opening if I don't bend or go in head first. I am 81 years old and the ol' body doesn't bend as easily. My wife has the same problem on the passenger side. Additionally, when using the ATM machine it's very hard to reach over the window sill to use the ATM controls.The quarter panel behind the front wheel caved in when snow/ice built up in the wheel well and the wheel hit it while turning. Dealer grabbed a hold of it and pulled it back out with very little effort. CHEAP. He said to be sure to keep the wheel wells free of ice build up because it will happen again. CHEAP. I traded an Envoy for this piece of GM crap. What a mistake. I won't have it long.