Never Buy American Made Again
By wywill on
2014 GMC Terrain Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I have a 2014 GMC Terrain Denali, V6, AWD. Thought I'd give the American built a try again after years of foreign quality. This new vehicle has 443 miles on it and the AWD system has failed and I have to wait 2 days to get it to the dealership. Unbelievable. Plus the American Car arrogance when I expressed my disappointment at the dealership of a new vehicle having this type of failure (during a winter snow storm) said "That's why we offer a warranty so we can fix things". Wow, what arrogance and audacity about your product. Although it said I should get 16 MPG city, I'm lucky to pull 12 on Premium fuel. Never Buy American Again!
Suggested Improvements
Build a vehicle that's truly "Professional Grade" and not "Professional Failure". Another improvement would have been the government letting GM go bankrupt when they had the chance.
By oldirongut
on 05/28/14 15:31 PM (PDT)

I also have the AWD 4 cyl....with a K & N High flow air filter and Mobil 1, we are are getting 27 /31 mileage. Have had no trouble with the AWD system and no complaints at all except for one thing ....Ground Clearance is to low for an AWD vehicle

By bikendad
on 06/17/14 18:01 PM (PDT)

ALL mechanical devices/vehicles have issues, it's the warranty and how they handle them that make the difference. So basically they were right, why go in there busting balls when they don't want you to have problems either and it's certainly no fault of theirs. You're also cutting your fuel mileage by using a higher octane fuel than recommended. 87 is the proper octane for your motor, premium designed for high compression engines will only give you incomplete burn, less power and lower mpg irregardless of the marketing campaigns of the fuel companies.

By sanfrandan
on 03/26/14 09:57 AM (PDT)

1) You're over-reacting vis-a-vis the vehicle. You had a problem, and that's maddening. I bought a Honda Civic years ago, and had trim problems with it right away. I thought I'd been conned by Honda's reputation. 150,000 miles later, the reputation was richly deserved. 2) You are mis-reacting vis-a-vis American built vehicles. To never buy an American car again because of a transmission problem and an insufficiently abashed service rep would be like refusing to buy American produce because you got a wormy apple. 3) If you think letting GM go bankrupt would have been a good idea, you shouldn't be buying American anyway, since you have no concern for - or at least no understanding of how to act upon concern for - the many many American workers who depend on a functioning auto industry. Sorry you got a bad apple.