2014 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
Love my 2015 Terrain!
By nyminute on 11/29/14 06:24 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After shopping around using Edmunds as my guide, I decided to give GMC Terrain a serious look having been an owner of Buicks for over 15 years. Reviews were very decent as well. Have to say although its only 2 weeks old I absolutely love my purchase. Was a little skeptical of the 4cyl. engine at first, however it has plenty of power for my needs. Interior is very rich and well designed and comfortable . Like driving in a cockpit . Smooth ride, feels like a higher end car ride. Considering what 2 year old SUV's go for nowadays I say this is a tremendous value for the money. Fully warrantied bumper to bumper with a 2 year service agreement makes this vehicle for my family a wise choice.

Superbly engineered.
By lvcas on 11/24/14 18:09 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Terrain Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2015 Terrain, in my opinion, is in a segment of its own. From it's glorious V6 engine to the very useful power liftgate, it is an awesome work of craftsmanship. The engine has plenty of power, more than enough; with the V6. The transmission is a tad...strange? Gas mileage could be better, but much better than what I used to drive. It is very safe and a good value for money, too. The interior is very well made and very cool looking at night. The red accent lighting is a very nice touch. The Pioneer radio is also very nice.

4cyl AWD
By oldirongut on 07/18/14 13:39 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great small SUV, Beautiful interior. installed K & N high flow air filter and switched to Mobil ! after 500 mi. Mileage now is 26/32

Too Hot, Too Bad
By bonabob1 on 06/30/14 12:24 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well, the test drive went pretty well. That is because it was at night. I leased the vehicle for 39 months and then realized what a big mistake. There are NO vents for the air conditioning in the back seat area. Not even on the center console. NONE. And to make matters worse, if the ECO button is pressed, it makes the fan speed go slow so there is very little air flow. This has got to be the worst engineering mistake since the Corvair. Can you imagine the heat in South Florida and your passengers in the back seat are dying from lack of ventilation due to this engineering mistake. I could not imagine 3 people sitting in my back seat even though it does say seating for 3 in the back.

GMC Terrain SLE-2
By classact3 on 06/09/14 22:02 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride & seating. Quiet ride. Great sounding radio & phone connections when needed. Only have 5,000 miles on the car. Four cylinder engine is somewhat anemic, but adequate for my type of driving. My other car is a Jaguar XK, thus statisfying my need for speed.

Excellent alternative to sedan for 5
By maa0324 on 05/08/14 17:14 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Terrain Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We choose the Terrain as an alternative to another family sedan to seat 5 comfortably. It achieves that goal. It also appealed to our need for more utility in terms of rear space for kid activities (soccer) and the towing package to handle a bike rack and other rack like extensions (basket). The vehicle is quiet, comfortable, powerful (we have the V6 - don't get sucked into the 4 cyl), and packed with features. That said, GMC did itself a disservice with holding back key amenities found only on the "Denali". It is the marketing joke of the century...read on...

Terrain 2014 FWD 2.4engine SLE-2
By classact3 on 05/03/14 19:42 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 3400 miles on our Terrain & so far mostly satisfied with the car. No issues with reliability & getting 31 mpg hwy. 23/24 mpg overall. Just wish it had a few more standard amenities like: glove box & foot well courtesy lights, safety reflectors or red lights on the side of door body visible when door is opened and automatic release for rear hatch. My wife is short & needs a "pull" to close rear hatch as it opens too high for her.

Never Buy American Made Again
By wywill on 02/05/14 04:10 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Terrain Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 GMC Terrain Denali, V6, AWD. Thought I'd give the American built a try again after years of foreign quality. This new vehicle has 443 miles on it and the AWD system has failed and I have to wait 2 days to get it to the dealership. Unbelievable. Plus the American Car arrogance when I expressed my disappointment at the dealership of a new vehicle having this type of failure (during a winter snow storm) said "That's why we offer a warranty so we can fix things". Wow, what arrogance and audacity about your product. Although it said I should get 16 MPG city, I'm lucky to pull 12 on Premium fuel. Never Buy American Again!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 GMC Terrain in VA is:

$114 per month*