Used 2013 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Great little car
By Ronald Mason

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A great little car. Very satisfied.

Loving this ride!
By NJ

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove an Altima coupe for 5 years and wanted an SUV for AWD purposes that was reasonable to purchase and repair. Doesn't look like a bug compared the all the other SUV's out there. Smooth ride and comfortable. Very dependable. GM did a great job with this one!

Love this dependable vehicle
By Ann

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2013 and love it. Ride, handling, gas mileage, are great with no complaints.

It looks gorgeous and has "perks"...
By vnikolefoster@gmail.com

2013 GMC Terrain SUV Denali 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

... I wanted but if it is always in the shop. I purchase a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali edition. It is beautiful inside and out but I came to realize quickly the previous owners traded it in for a Mercedes. I have owned the vehicle less than a year (after several trips to the dealership, because they could fix the problem because the computer did not register a issue [although they stated they felt the issue]) . Finally after I drove it for another two months and when back to have it tested again; they rebuilt my transmission. Really? I have 40k miles on it, why would the transmit already be messed up! I got my car back 2 weeks ago and when I pulled into my driveway after work today, I smelled coolant and I have a puddle under my car.

If you can afford to purchase the Denali, I would recommend a different brand: Toyota, Honda, anything but a GMC!

Nice if GM would fix the key switch issue 5 years ago
By Brian Spencer

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought brand new. The key switch has been an issue since the first week we owned it. If the steering wheel isn't perfectly straight when you park it, the key binds until you turn the steering wheel and turn the key at the same time. It randomly has binding issues when you attempt to turn the key off. This issue has been around since launch and it still has not been resolved. If you lean against the door panels, the color wears off. I test drove it and the seat was in the correct position for me. I didn't know until my wife drove it after I got home, that the power seat is only half power! You manually slide it forward and back and tilt is controlled by power. My Rendezvous was full power.

The oil and oil filter, cabin filter and air filter are all easy to change because I do all maintenance.

Fix the bad binding key cylinder issue, make colorfast door panels and all seats 8-way power. Better driver seat because my wife hates this seat because she can't get comfortable.