2013 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
noisy
By jim592 on 07/05/14 09:15 AM (PDT)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is by far the noisiest car that I have owned. Their is no sound deadening material used to block road noise coming from the tires on the pavement. On black top, not so bad but on concrete forget it. Our 2008 Ford Escape has the same tire but with very little road noise. When I listen to the radio I have to turn the volume way up to here it over the sound coming from the road. The blind spot mirror is poorly designed and not very helpful.

Perfect SUV for me!
By beccalynn2021 on 04/16/14 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I researched several SUVs before I decided to lease the 2013 Terrain AWD Denali in October 2013 and I love it! The V-6 provides a quiet, smooth ride. I love the red accent lighting and red stitching on the seats and dash. The back seat also has lots of leg room which is nice because a lot of my friends are tall. The backup camera needs a little work. It gets dirty easily and depth perception is off. Usually the longer I have a vehicle, the more I find that I don't like about it but the longer I have this SUV, the more I love it!

Great Ride
By cousman on 02/23/14 06:32 AM (PST)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is perhaps the most comfortable vehicle I have owned. Prior the Terrain I had an Audi and two cars ago a Mercedes and I do not for a second regret changing continents. I always chuckle a little bit when reviews say that such and such a car has less enthusiastic performance... compared to what. I tested a Mercedes GLK the same day as the Terrain, granted I used the gas peddle differently but I noticed no difference in acceleration and the handling was better with the GMC. In fact the stability when cornering is superior to that of my last five vehicles (3 Japanese and 2 German)

Noisy
By jim592 on 10/25/13 12:32 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A 3.6 cylinder engine option was not listed although that is what I have in mine. Road noise is terrible, especially on concrete. Thought it might be the tires but my wife has the exact same tire on a 2008 Ford Escape and it is 50 to 60% quieter than my Terrain. You would think for the price of this car it would have a quiet ride. I have the 6 cyl and only get and average of 20 mpg combined city & highway. Blind spot mirror is poorly designed

Love it, but....
By fayettedale on 08/30/13 21:51 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2013 Terrain SLE-1 FWD. I really like the vehicle, but the build quality is terrible, There a 1/4" gap on the left front side between the hood and headlight/fender. Also, on the right side, the front and rear doors do not align. QC must of had the day off when they built this one. I didnt not notice these things til I got home and really looked it over. I am taking it back to the dealership tomorrow to get a different one as this one has who knows how many other defects. I hope they do me right as I really like the Terrain, it has decent power, is really quite, and the interior is super nice. I will post an update in a day or two and let you know how GMC handles this.

Our Forever Vehicle
By jtapp83 on 05/27/13 15:30 PM (PDT)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We did a lot of research and a lot of looking around before we decided on the GMC Terrain. Lots of test drives etc. We purchased our Terrain new Sept 2012. I am guilty of nitpicking a vehichle apart and I can say I am STILL as in love with our car as day one. The gas milage, the smooth ride, the very sharp interior just cant be beat. This is definitely going to be our forever vehicle.

High Quality SUV
By testdrive33 on 02/23/13 19:18 PM (PST)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Last week we purchased a 2013 GMC Terrain SLE2 FWD with the 2.4 4cyl engine. It also came with the convenience package adds remote start and heated seats. Our previous car was a 2010 Toyota Prius, the lease was up and we needed something larger. I know the gas mileage will not come close to the Prius but we were looking for something with more space and better ride. I've been reading review of people complaining about not getting the advertised MPG. Only having a week with the car but I can say the MPG is accurate. On a recent trip we avg 29.6 MPG averaging 70 MPH. If you reduce the speed to 65 you can achieve the 32 MPG on the highway. Note most likely need to dive with ECO mode on

TERRAIN again! 2010 and 2013...
By 2pixel on 12/30/12 20:23 PM (PST)

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2010 Terrain which I loved, and since it was a leased car, I had to turn it in this year. After several test drives of other cars, I decided to lease a new 2013 Terrain. I love the exterior styling!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 GMC Terrain Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*