Used 2013 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

It looks gorgeous and has "perks"...
By vnikolefoster@gmail.com

2013 GMC Terrain SUV Denali 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

... I wanted but if it is always in the shop. I purchase a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali edition. It is beautiful inside and out but I came to realize quickly the previous owners traded it in for a Mercedes. I have owned the vehicle less than a year (after several trips to the dealership, because they could fix the problem because the computer did not register a issue [although they stated they felt the issue]) . Finally after I drove it for another two months and when back to have it tested again; they rebuilt my transmission. Really? I have 40k miles on it, why would the transmit already be messed up! I got my car back 2 weeks ago and when I pulled into my driveway after work today, I smelled coolant and I have a puddle under my car. If you can afford to purchase the Denali, I would recommend a different brand: Toyota, Honda, anything but a GMC!

Nice if GM would fix the key switch issue 5 years ago
By Brian Spencer

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought brand new. The key switch has been an issue since the first week we owned it. If the steering wheel isn't perfectly straight when you park it, the key binds until you turn the steering wheel and turn the key at the same time. It randomly has binding issues when you attempt to turn the key off. This issue has been around since launch and it still has not been resolved. If you lean against the door panels, the color wears off. I test drove it and the seat was in the correct position for me. I didn't know until my wife drove it after I got home, that the power seat is only half power! You manually slide it forward and back and tilt is controlled by power. My Rendezvous was full power.

The oil and oil filter, cabin filter and air filter are all easy to change because I do all maintenance.

Fix the bad binding key cylinder issue, make colorfast door panels and all seats 8-way power. Better driver seat because my wife hates this seat because she can't get comfortable.

My second Terrain, and I still love it!
By 2pixel

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We lease our cars, and I took a chance in 2010 when the Terrain first came out. I was concerned about the 4 cyl engine, but it is just fine, and gets me anywhere I want. The interior is roomy, and the back seat makes it easy for guests to get in and out.

The first Terrain had a wonderful shallow storage just above the visual display. My newer Terrain (2013) does not have this feature, and I miss it. I love the Bluetooth feature that hooks up with my cell phone when I get into the car.

Bring back the storage compartment on the top of the display. It was useful for all kinds of small items, like keys and change and parking garage receipts. Keep it looking like a little truck! I love the fenders and the height of the roof! All other SUV designs look like soap bars. This one is distinctive and very handsome. Can you create a better lift gate in the back? I used to own a Pontiac Aztec, and I know that it was panned by everyone, but they never drove that car. The lift gate was designed so that you could actually have a meeting in the rear compartment of the car out of the rain! Bring back the best of the Aztec, put them into the Terrain, and you have a winner for all time!

noisy
By jim592

2013 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is by far the noisiest car that I have owned. Their is no sound deadening material used to block road noise coming from the tires on the pavement. On black top, not so bad but on concrete forget it. Our 2008 Ford Escape has the same tire but with very little road noise. When I listen to the radio I have to turn the volume way up to here it over the sound coming from the road. The blind spot mirror is poorly designed and not very helpful.

Anything that blocks road noise. Blind spot mirror needs to be redesigned.

Perfect SUV for me!
By beccalynn2021

2013 GMC Terrain SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I researched several SUVs before I decided to lease the 2013 Terrain AWD Denali in October 2013 and I love it! The V-6 provides a quiet, smooth ride. I love the red accent lighting and red stitching on the seats and dash. The back seat also has lots of leg room which is nice because a lot of my friends are tall. The backup camera needs a little work. It gets dirty easily and depth perception is off. Usually the longer I have a vehicle, the more I find that I don't like about it but the longer I have this SUV, the more I love it!

smooth ride, cargo area, red accent lighting and stitching, sound system, leg room in the back seat

backup camera