Used 2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

My second Terrain, and I still love it!
By 2pixel

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We lease our cars, and I took a chance in 2010 when the Terrain first came out. I was concerned about the 4 cyl engine, but it is just fine, and gets me anywhere I want. The interior is roomy, and the back seat makes it easy for guests to get in and out.

Favorite Features

The first Terrain had a wonderful shallow storage just above the visual display. My newer Terrain (2013) does not have this feature, and I miss it. I love the Bluetooth feature that hooks up with my cell phone when I get into the car.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the storage compartment on the top of the display. It was useful for all kinds of small items, like keys and change and parking garage receipts. Keep it looking like a little truck! I love the fenders and the height of the roof! All other SUV designs look like soap bars. This one is distinctive and very handsome. Can you create a better lift gate in the back? I used to own a Pontiac Aztec, and I know that it was panned by everyone, but they never drove that car. The lift gate was designed so that you could actually have a meeting in the rear compartment of the car out of the rain! Bring back the best of the Aztec, put them into the Terrain, and you have a winner for all time!

Noisy
By jim592

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A 3.6 cylinder engine option was not listed although that is what I have in mine. Road noise is terrible, especially on concrete. Thought it might be the tires but my wife has the exact same tire on a 2008 Ford Escape and it is 50 to 60% quieter than my Terrain. You would think for the price of this car it would have a quiet ride. I have the 6 cyl and only get and average of 20 mpg combined city & highway. Blind spot mirror is poorly designed

Favorite Features

I like ride, the 6 cyl. is a lot smoother riding than the 4 cyl. Plenty of room for passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Apply sound proofing to the floor. Redesign blind spot mirror.

Our Forever Vehicle
By jtapp83

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We did a lot of research and a lot of looking around before we decided on the GMC Terrain. Lots of test drives etc. We purchased our Terrain new Sept 2012. I am guilty of nitpicking a vehichle apart and I can say I am STILL as in love with our car as day one. The gas milage, the smooth ride, the very sharp interior just cant be beat. This is definitely going to be our forever vehicle.

High Quality SUV
By testdrive33

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Last week we purchased a 2013 GMC Terrain SLE2 FWD with the 2.4 4cyl engine. It also came with the convenience package adds remote start and heated seats. Our previous car was a 2010 Toyota Prius, the lease was up and we needed something larger. I know the gas mileage will not come close to the Prius but we were looking for something with more space and better ride. I've been reading review of people complaining about not getting the advertised MPG. Only having a week with the car but I can say the MPG is accurate. On a recent trip we avg 29.6 MPG averaging 70 MPH. If you reduce the speed to 65 you can achieve the 32 MPG on the highway. Note most likely need to dive with ECO mode on

Favorite Features

Technology package, Bluetooth, hands free calling, Bluetooth audio, Pandora radio etc. The Pioneer radio is a welcome upgrade. The sound is more than adequate for most people The sliding second row seat, I can move the 2nd row seat all the way back and the girls have plenty of room even with the car seats. The Terrain also has a button to enable the child locks, which is very convenient.

Suggested Improvements

I can only think of a couple 1. split sliding second row seat 2. eight speed transmission,

TERRAIN again! 2010 and 2013...
By 2pixel

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2010 Terrain which I loved, and since it was a leased car, I had to turn it in this year. After several test drives of other cars, I decided to lease a new 2013 Terrain. I love the exterior styling!

Favorite Features

I love the way it looks - like a little truck with the higher visibility and the squared off bumpers. The new touch screen is fun, although I have not yet learned all that it can do. It gets better mileage than the 2010 version, and I also like the larger camera view when backing up.

Suggested Improvements

What happened to the wonderful extra "glove box" on top of the radio? There is now not enough space to store things - business cards, tape measures, ID cards, cash and quarters for parking, etc. It would be great if you could add another storage space or maybe redesign the center console to have more spaces to hold these items.