Used 2013 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Nice if GM would fix the key switch issue 5 years ago
By Brian Spencer

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought brand new. The key switch has been an issue since the first week we owned it. If the steering wheel isn't perfectly straight when you park it, the key binds until you turn the steering wheel and turn the key at the same time. It randomly has binding issues when you attempt to turn the key off. This issue has been around since launch and it still has not been resolved. If you lean against the door panels, the color wears off. I test drove it and the seat was in the correct position for me. I didn't know until my wife drove it after I got home, that the power seat is only half power! You manually slide it forward and back and tilt is controlled by power. My Rendezvous was full power.

Favorite Features

The oil and oil filter, cabin filter and air filter are all easy to change because I do all maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the bad binding key cylinder issue, make colorfast door panels and all seats 8-way power. Better driver seat because my wife hates this seat because she can't get comfortable.

My second Terrain, and I still love it!
By 2pixel

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We lease our cars, and I took a chance in 2010 when the Terrain first came out. I was concerned about the 4 cyl engine, but it is just fine, and gets me anywhere I want. The interior is roomy, and the back seat makes it easy for guests to get in and out.

Favorite Features

The first Terrain had a wonderful shallow storage just above the visual display. My newer Terrain (2013) does not have this feature, and I miss it. I love the Bluetooth feature that hooks up with my cell phone when I get into the car.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the storage compartment on the top of the display. It was useful for all kinds of small items, like keys and change and parking garage receipts. Keep it looking like a little truck! I love the fenders and the height of the roof! All other SUV designs look like soap bars. This one is distinctive and very handsome. Can you create a better lift gate in the back? I used to own a Pontiac Aztec, and I know that it was panned by everyone, but they never drove that car. The lift gate was designed so that you could actually have a meeting in the rear compartment of the car out of the rain! Bring back the best of the Aztec, put them into the Terrain, and you have a winner for all time!

noisy
By jim592

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is by far the noisiest car that I have owned. Their is no sound deadening material used to block road noise coming from the tires on the pavement. On black top, not so bad but on concrete forget it. Our 2008 Ford Escape has the same tire but with very little road noise. When I listen to the radio I have to turn the volume way up to here it over the sound coming from the road. The blind spot mirror is poorly designed and not very helpful.

Suggested Improvements

Anything that blocks road noise. Blind spot mirror needs to be redesigned.

Perfect SUV for me!
By beccalynn2021

2013 GMC Terrain Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I researched several SUVs before I decided to lease the 2013 Terrain AWD Denali in October 2013 and I love it! The V-6 provides a quiet, smooth ride. I love the red accent lighting and red stitching on the seats and dash. The back seat also has lots of leg room which is nice because a lot of my friends are tall. The backup camera needs a little work. It gets dirty easily and depth perception is off. Usually the longer I have a vehicle, the more I find that I don't like about it but the longer I have this SUV, the more I love it!

Favorite Features

smooth ride, cargo area, red accent lighting and stitching, sound system, leg room in the back seat

Suggested Improvements

backup camera

Great Ride
By cousman

2013 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is perhaps the most comfortable vehicle I have owned. Prior the Terrain I had an Audi and two cars ago a Mercedes and I do not for a second regret changing continents. I always chuckle a little bit when reviews say that such and such a car has less enthusiastic performance... compared to what. I tested a Mercedes GLK the same day as the Terrain, granted I used the gas peddle differently but I noticed no difference in acceleration and the handling was better with the GMC. In fact the stability when cornering is superior to that of my last five vehicles (3 Japanese and 2 German)

Favorite Features

The interior, the ride, the solid feeling and the low end pick-up

Suggested Improvements

Like it as it is