Well Satisfied
By oldterrainguy on
2012 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Couldn't be happier with my 2012 Terrain. Style, inside and exterior, tech galore which will take me time to learn including bluetooth and onstar dirctions. Very good solid and quiet ride. Took the Terrain for a drive specifically to test mileage since I had read bad reports for the 2011 Terrain and Equinox. If the onboard computer is reasonably accurate, 31.5 to 33.8 average over a 100 mile test with cruise set at 61 MPH. I believe the EPA test standard is still 60 MPH. Great value for those that keep a car for a long time.
Suggested Improvements
Seems a black car attracts bird poop.
By waynen1
on 05/10/12 05:51 AM (PDT)

Chet11, not sure where you live but my sticker for a 4 cylinder front wheel drive is 22-32 mpg (and never have seen any different) and please notice how he tested it, cruise control at 61 on the highway (if everyone drove like that you probably would see those numbers). My wife drives probably about 90 percent around town and we get right around 20-21 mpg and she is not that kind to the gas pedal. I will also say on a road trip, we got about 28 mpg but we were weighed down and doing more like 70 to 75. Hope you enjoy your Priusx2.

By chet11
on 05/08/12 07:33 AM (PDT)

I purchased a new Terrain 4 cylinder for gas mileage and I averaged 22 mpg! You must work for GMC because you mention EPA. I have talked to other Terrain owners and they did not get my 22...got much lower mpg. The sticker on car showed 26 - 38 mpg...that car doesn't exist. Dealer told me I had no recourse against GMC or dealer because because mpg is set by EPA and you can't take EPA to court. I finally traded my Terrain (last GMC for me) and purchased two Prius (prii) and I average 54 mpg...I am glad you are happy with your GMC...