LOVE IT except for the transmission jerks.
By jtapp1 on
2012 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
We've had our Terrain for 6 months. Always have been a loyal GM customer. The Terrain stole our hearts when we decided to purchase a new vehicle. Its sharp. Inside and out. LOVE the interior and all the cool features. There is one problem......transmission slips/jerks. I have 9,000 miles on it. When I took it into the dealership they had a "transmission" specialist come out to talk to me. I explained the jerking/slipping and he urged me to take him for a drive. The entire time instead of observing the ride he explained to me that it was just the "engine recharging" because of the eco motor. I call BS. It seems to be getting worse. Anyone else had this issue??
Favorite Features
interior and exterior design
Suggested Improvements
more cargo room.
By shirleyl
on 12/28/13 09:28 AM (PST)

I have the 2012 terrain and soon after buying it my navigation screen started blacking out. I've had in in dealership several times, and they can't figure out why so still has not been fixed. I'm now having problems with ck eng light coming on. It random misfire but they don't know why. I contacted gmc corporate about the navigation issue and just recently contacted the dealership gen mgr about the ck eng light. My car has been at the dealership for 3 days/ I've got a loaner. When I get this car back and if there another problem I will be contacting gmc corporate again. I am not getting stuck with a car that not working right after spending all this $$ on. I already told them I got a lemon

By kerv124
on 08/27/13 09:07 AM (PDT)

Mine also does the same. I will say, I had a minor issue with some banging noise coming from rear of vehicle, took it to dealership and it ended up being something with the steering.... The only issue I have had is while in idle, it shudders. Yours??

By everich
on 01/06/14 13:22 PM (PST)

I have the same problem with my tranny since it's been new. 2012 SLE-2 4cyl FWD

By everich
on 01/06/14 13:33 PM (PST)

Also uses oil inexplicably -was almost bone dry. That's very strange especially since I only drive 5K per year since being retired. Now have 11K on vehicle. I was told that GMC had to change Terrain engines but "it's not really a recall but just internal letter"!!!? I was told that by GMC customer assistance dept. 2012 Terrain SLE-2 2.4 4 cyl FWD I will be trading in for a Ford product before warranty expires for sure.