Be careful when you buy this vehicle!
By cnorborg on
2012 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Overall I like my Terrain, love my dealer, but definitely not a fan of GM. The terrain is a small SUV, does ok for a dog owner like me, not a fan of the seats not folding fully flat. The leather seats get a bit warm and it drives a bit stiff. The AC struggles to get the car cold when its hot outside, a bit undersized for the type of vehicle for living in a desert like Albuquerque. My biggest complaint stems from something I noticed and mentioned to the dealer the first time I took the car in for an oil change. The color backup camera is 99% of the time showing up B&W. In dealing with GM, I find they are simply trying to make excuses and not fix the problem. They say it's "as designed"
Favorite Features
Favorite features? It looks nice. Rides pretty good. Comfortable seating.
Suggested Improvements
Acceleration on V6 needs to be worked out, it revs high and doesn't move like I would think it should. AC doesn't cool well in hot weather, and I'm not one to use it much when its nice. Color backup camera on Terrains with Navigation system is B&W 99% of the time. GM says this is as it was designed, and IMHO are simply making excuses to not have to fix it. They are trying to tell me that "legally I can't complain to the BBB" and such?! If you don't get the Navigation system, which I'd recommend not, it stinks, the camera looks fine. That makes no sense to me. I would say with the customer service of GM, buy another brand.