2012 GMC Terrain Consumer Review: BAD BAD FUEL ECONOMY

2012 GMC Terrain - Consumer Review

SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

By aray5 on

2012 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Do not "presume" that you will get anywhere near the sticker mpg with your Terrain. You won't. Our sticker showed 22-32 and we get 23.8. GMC is not "playing fair" by having EPA conduct the fuel tests so that lawsuits are avoided. Apparantly the only way to get close to 32 mpg is by driving between 48-60mph on a flat or slightly sloping downward road...If you are plagued by poor fuel economy with your Terrain, I urge you to call GMC and your GMC dealer and voice your complaint!

I like the sunroof, heated seats, and lumbar control on the driver's seat.

Fuel economy and the blind spot by the front passenger's seat.
By hank81
on 01/25/14 03:35 AM (PST)

I also own 2 Terrains. Both are 2012 SLE 2.4L FWD. Gas mileage is usually 22 mpg unless you have the air conditioner on - With cooling, the mpg drops to about 18 mpg. The only time they get anywhere near the advertised mpg is when they are on the back of a tow truck.

By evnsptc
on 11/23/13 10:33 AM (PST)

I own 2 Terrains (11' SLE-2 AWD 2.4L & a 12' SLT-2 FWD 2.4L) The ratings for my 11' are 20/29 and I get 19/31. The ratings for my 12' are 22/32 and I get around 23/24! I think some people aren't getting the EPA estimates because they didn't put the car into "ECO" mode. (it's a button on the center console in front of the shift lever) It makes the shift points for the transmission lower so you get better mpg's!