2012 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
DO NOT BUY FOR FUEL ECONOMY
By lakegirl2003 on 12/29/12 18:04 PM (PST)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally bought a V6 Terrain which got around 25mpg. It was totaled so then I bought a V4 thinking I would get at least 27mpg which I would be satisfied with since it is a SUV. I get between 22-24mpg with the V4. I take 70miles of interstate and drive 75mph to work. Extremely disappointed the first day of work with my new Terrain then I thought well maybe it needs broken in. It also is a loud idle engine like a almost ticking sound. The dealership checked it out and said it sounds like a V4. I have problems with the transmission sticking at 3rpms for a long time then it decides to shift up. My back up camera has blanked out about 4 times. Besides that it is very nice vehicle.

Be careful when you buy this vehicle!
By cnorborg on 10/08/12 13:54 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall I like my Terrain, love my dealer, but definitely not a fan of GM. The terrain is a small SUV, does ok for a dog owner like me, not a fan of the seats not folding fully flat. The leather seats get a bit warm and it drives a bit stiff. The AC struggles to get the car cold when its hot outside, a bit undersized for the type of vehicle for living in a desert like Albuquerque. My biggest complaint stems from something I noticed and mentioned to the dealer the first time I took the car in for an oil change. The color backup camera is 99% of the time showing up B&W. In dealing with GM, I find they are simply trying to make excuses and not fix the problem. They say it's "as designed"

Great Car!
By jlbigguy on 08/28/12 18:29 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have my 2012 Terrain for 1 week now, and after 900 miles I am impressed. Getting 30.5 mpg on the highway, and overall average is 27mpg. This is with ECO mode on. Very smooth and quiet ride, no wind noise at all. The car feels solid, and is very comfortable (premium cloth seats). I have more room then in my old 2004 Pontiac Montana, and I am 6'6" tall. Can hardly tell the engine is running when at idle. Very pleased with my purchase.

Poor fuel economy
By owner13 on 08/20/12 13:07 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Actual mileage much less than advertised. 27-28(on a good day) hghway, 15-16 in town. Poorer than the usual poor visibiity found in SUVs.

Great little SUV!
By dalerex on 04/18/12 16:07 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2012 Terrain for less than three weeks now and simply love it. For the price, it is a quality vehicle.

Excellent Car...but, tranny problems
By desertguyphx on 01/15/12 18:26 PM (PST)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like everything about this car. Great design, interior and exterior, comfortable and great handling.

I Love It!!!
By ewag41 on 12/30/11 12:30 PM (PST)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have always liked the Terrain look, ordered 2012 New in 2011, received on time, dealership very honest on pricing and reviewing options on vehicle before delivering. Courtesy Chevrolet -Kingsport, TN. AWD- 4 cyl. Like sound of engine and the shifting. Years ago you got this effect with a pure STICK. Has a manual option, comes in handy on downgrades and when coming to a stop. AWD handles good on curvy roads. On trip to N.Y. got 26.8, which is good. Used ECO all the time. Steering is very good once you adapt to the electric format. Very steady on highway, does not wander. Room:Well I am able to haul the same stuff I use to haul with my Trail Blazer, but with better MPG- way better::

Well Satisfied
By oldterrainguy on 10/10/11 04:58 AM (PDT)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier with my 2012 Terrain. Style, inside and exterior, tech galore which will take me time to learn including bluetooth and onstar dirctions. Very good solid and quiet ride. Took the Terrain for a drive specifically to test mileage since I had read bad reports for the 2011 Terrain and Equinox. If the onboard computer is reasonably accurate, 31.5 to 33.8 average over a 100 mile test with cruise set at 61 MPH. I believe the EPA test standard is still 60 MPH. Great value for those that keep a car for a long time.

2012 GMC Terrain SLE AWD 4Cyl
By jspa on 09/02/11 18:48 PM (PDT)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The styling, price, value and especially the performance of the vehicle we purchased is outstanding. Test drove a 2012 Terrain SLE AWD and then a 2011 Terrain SLE AWD and each had a four cylinder engine. There is no comparison. The 2012 performed much better, in my opinion, perhaps due to the VVT engine. We have this vehicle for about a month. It has a smooth, quiet ride, good acceleration on hills, and overall a great looking SUV in black.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 GMC Terrain Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*