2012 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
DO NOT BUY FOR FUEL ECONOMY
By lakegirl2003 on 12/29/12 18:04 PM (PST)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally bought a V6 Terrain which got around 25mpg. It was totaled so then I bought a V4 thinking I would get at least 27mpg which I would be satisfied with since it is a SUV. I get between 22-24mpg with the V4. I take 70miles of interstate and drive 75mph to work. Extremely disappointed the first day of work with my new Terrain then I thought well maybe it needs broken in. It also is a loud idle engine like a almost ticking sound. The dealership checked it out and said it sounds like a V4. I have problems with the transmission sticking at 3rpms for a long time then it decides to shift up. My back up camera has blanked out about 4 times. Besides that it is very nice vehicle.

I Love It!!!
By ewag41 on 12/30/11 12:30 PM (PST)

2012 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have always liked the Terrain look, ordered 2012 New in 2011, received on time, dealership very honest on pricing and reviewing options on vehicle before delivering. Courtesy Chevrolet -Kingsport, TN. AWD- 4 cyl. Like sound of engine and the shifting. Years ago you got this effect with a pure STICK. Has a manual option, comes in handy on downgrades and when coming to a stop. AWD handles good on curvy roads. On trip to N.Y. got 26.8, which is good. Used ECO all the time. Steering is very good once you adapt to the electric format. Very steady on highway, does not wander. Room:Well I am able to haul the same stuff I use to haul with my Trail Blazer, but with better MPG- way better::

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 GMC Terrain Suv in NJ is:

$164 per month*