Using Oil
By graygrandma on
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I agree with all the disappointing remarks regarding gas mileage. I don't care if it's the EPA or GMC - the public deserves the truth! My big worry now is that it's using oil. My car was showing 50+% life left before my oil change. The engine was making a loud noise and I took it to the dealer to find I had no oil showing on the dip stick. The check engine light NEVER came on! Since then my husband has consistantly checked the oil level and we have to keep adding oil in between oil changes. I have never had to do that with my vehicles. Anyone else using oil?
Favorite Features
I love the body style and the backseat leg room.
Suggested Improvements
Be honest about gas mileage. Put the buttons for the electric windows so that both driver & passenger can control the front door windows.
By emmanuelf
on 10/18/14 19:51 PM (PDT)

YES, I am experiencing similar problems with my 4 cyl. 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1... My OIL LIFE indicator was just reprogrammed and it shows 50% life left, however the other day my engine sounded rather noisy and I checked the oil only to find out that there was NO OIL left in the engine! I had just added oil less than 3 weeks prior...