The V6 is the way to go.
By fionafirst on
2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
The Terrain I own has a V6, not the I-4. (Not sure why Edmunds doesn't list that as an option) I bought this car used with 60k miles on it because I got a good deal on it and wanted a car with AWD. I recently took my car from Indianapolis to Destine Florida and have realized some good and bad things. The engine is beautiful. Peddle down and the power comes out. Aceleration in 2nd gear while merging is lusty, and passing power is plentiful. That being said, the car still feels heavy and any less power would not be adequate. The steering wheel is comfortable, the audio system is plenty loud and the power seats hold my big American butt pretty well. All in all, I would buy it again.
Favorite Features
The power from the engine is the best thing this car has going for it. The 3.0 V6 has plenty of torque. There is room for 3 people in the back seat even on long road trips. Plenty of cargo space in the back for 5 suitcases. Another great thing in the AWD system. People were slipping and slding all over the road in the winter in Indiana, but the Terrain was planted and did not slip at all. I drive with the Traction Control off in the snow, and it didn't even seem to make a difference in this car.
Suggested Improvements
There are negatives.... a good amount of them. But they are little things. The cruise control is the easiest system I have ever used... but it doesn't work. I set it to 75 and it was all over the place, down to 72 and up to 79. Thats an issue. The Chrome pieces on the dash catch the sun and burn it from into your eyes. I STILL have not figured out how to adjust the Treb and Bass audio controls, or the Fad and Bal. I have hit things using the back up camera, it makes it look much further away than you actually are. Lastly, the put the vents for the driver in too low, so the air does not blow into your face, it hits the steering wheel or my left knee. All in all, it needs some work